|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Hassour Zainsubani about his son.
- Free Hannat in Mamaea.
- Escort him to safety outside of the Sixth House base.
- Return to Hassour for his profound thanks and a reward.
You might activate this quest while talking to the Ashlander Hassour Zainsubani during the Main Quest.
Hassour is located downstairs in the Ald Skar Inn. He is worried because he has not heard from his son Hannat in a long time. His son was exploring the ruins of Mamaea, northwest from Ald'ruhn.
Not an ordinary Cave
Mamaea is a large Sixth House base that is divided into three sections, each with its own complement of leveled Sixth House patrons. Hannat is being held prisoner in a locked cell within the Sanctum of Black Hope.
Although Hannat is fairly durable, it may be wise to clear the path to the exit beforehand. Escort him to the outside of the base, where he will part company. Hannat will give you the code phrase, blossoms 'anew beneath tomorrow's sun, to let his father know that he is fine. Return to Hassour to receive five raw ebony, a Ring of Knuckle Luck and his Imperial Netch Blade, along with his thanks.
- You must first talk to Hassour about "life as a trader" to get the dialogue option about Hannat to appear.
- Mamaea itself has a number of nice items within its depths, if you have the skill to survive. In the bowels of the Shrine of Pitted Dreams you can find a Daedric Face of Inspiration and the unique dagger Fang of Haynekhtnamet, one of the best short blades in the game despite its unassuming appearance.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Hannat Zainsubani (MS_Hannat)
||I have agreed to escort Hannat Zainsubani from the Mamaea Caverns. He says he cannot offer me a reward now, but his father, Hassour Zainsubani, in Ald'ruhn, will gift me generously if I can rescue him.
||I have successfully escorted Hannat Zainsubani from Mamaea Caverns.
||Hannat Zainsubani thanked me, and reminded me to speak to his father, Hassour Zainsubani, at the Ald Skar Inn in Ald'ruhn, for courage and generosity must always be rewarded.
||Hassour Zainsubani was grateful for the news of his son's rescue. He rewarded me with raw ebony, and he also gave his own enchanted blade and a ring from his own finger to thank me.
||Hannat Zainsubani died while I tried to escort him from Mamaea Caverns.