Morrowind:The Lady's Ring
- Meet Synette Jeline on the road southwest of Ald Velothi.
- (Optional) Retrieve her ring in the pond.
- Defeat Synette and her friend to gain the Amulet of Shadows.
A Damsel in Distress?
Southwest of Ald Velothi, along the road, you will run into a lady named Synette Jeline. She complains that her ring has fallen into a nearby pond and wants you to get it. If you are playing a male character, her request is accompanied by some significant flirting as well.
The Lady's Ring
The ring is in a shallow pool of water just north of Jeline. Since the water is so murky and the ring is so tiny, you may have a great deal of trouble locating it. A Night Eye spell may be of use here. The ring can be found lying next to the second plant from the south edge of the pool. If you dip your head just below the water, you can see through the surface without causing your vision to become murky or starting the breath timer.
It's a Trap!
Unfortunately, once you grab the ring, Jeline and her near-invisible friend, Tavynu Tedran will attack you. Kill them and take their loot of gold and magic weapons as a reward (the ring itself is relatively worthless). Tavynu Tedran has the Amulet of Shadows, a very nice item to have.
- Make sure you are hit by Synette's first attack for the quest to update properly.
- You will hear Synette Jeline say "No good deed goes unpunished, Outlander" as soon as you pick up the ring.
- The ring in question is in pond even before talking to Synette; she and Tavynu attack if ring is taken at any point, during or before quest.
- Attacking either will turn other hostile even outside the quest, regardless of taunt or frenzy use.
- If you agree to help with getting the ring, Tavynu will move closer to pond from the tree.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|The Lady's Ring (MV_LostRing)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I met a woman who has lost her ring in a pond. She would like me to retrieve it for her.|
|20||I have agreed to retrieve Synette Jeline's ring from the pond.|
|30||I have decided not to get Synette Jeline's ring from the pond for her.|
|40||After retrieving the ring for Synette Jeline, she and an accomplice began to attack me. It seems this was all a ruse to lure unwary travelers to their doom.|