|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Larrius Varro (larrius varro)|
|Location||Moonmoth Legion Fort|
|Training||Long Blade (74)
Medium Armor (64)
|Faction(s)||Imperial Legion (Champion)|
Larrius Varro, an Imperial warrior, is the Legion Champion currently resident at Moonmoth Legion Fort. He is having trouble with some bad people and will reward you for creating a bloodbath. He wields a unique enchanted iron claymore called Temreki, Shackler of Souls. He seems to be a government agent in some respects.
- "I'm Larrius Varo, Legion Champion of Fort Moonmoth. I've been hoping you might come by. I've got some work for you, if you're interested."
- "Yes? Is this about that work I mentioned?"
- bad people:
- "Oh. The bad people are the Camonna Tong. I thought everybody knew that. They are a criminal organization. Unfortunately, I don't know who the Camonna Tong are. No one will tell me, because I am an officer. And it is against the Code to tell officers things. But people in the Thieves Guild hate the Camonna Tong. I bet if YOU asked the Thieves Guild, they would cheerfully tell you who the bad people are and where to find them."
- "The bad people I was talking about? They're all good people now. I think you may have had something to do with that. Possibly."
- "The bad people in my story are five members of the Camonna Tong. I know they are a scout, a pawnbroker, a savant, a thief, and a smith, and that they are in Balmora. Unfortunately, I don't know their names. But maybe you can find their names. And where to find them. And then maybe my story could have a happy ending. With a little bloodbath, instead of a little prayer."
- "Here is what I'm thinking. I love the law. I love the Empire. I love the people I try very hard to keep safe. But sometimes, no matter how hard we try to keep the peace, sometimes there is going to be blood. I think you know what I'm talking about. That's why I asked for you to do this bit of work. If you're willing."
- careless travelers:
- "A number of careless travelers have been attacked recently. Seems there's a Nord near Hla Oad who's been robbing the unwary. If you happen upon him, take care. And, of course, I'd be grateful if you took care of that problem for me."
- "Have you encountered that Nord yet? Do take care if you do."
- "So, I see you've located that rogue Fjol. Somewhat of a shame he's still out there, but knowing his location is a help. My thanks."
- "Ah, I see you ran into that rogue Fjol. Shame you weren't able to bring him back here alive...but not much of one. You have my thanks, and this reward."
- latest rumors:
- "Take care when walking the roads. There have been rumors of a bandit robbing careless travelers near Hla Oad."
- little story:
- "Once upon a time there was a bad magistrate who took gold from criminal organizations to reduce the sentences and fines of criminals. Everybody knew he was doing this, but nobody could prove it. Because even if it could be proved, the bad magistrate had important friends, and proof is not as powerful as important friends."
- "At the same time there was a good officer who enforced the laws because he thought laws made people happy and safe. And it bothered the good officer that enforcing the laws did no good, because the bad magistrate let the criminals go as quick as the officer caught them."
- "For a long time, the good officer sighed, and said, 'What can I do? Because the bad magistrate has important friends, and nothing I can do will touch him.' But then, the good officer said, 'Say. Wait a minute. What about the bad people who are BRIBING the bad magistrate? THEY haven't got important friends. And if they aren't around, then the bad magistrate can't get any more bribes.'"
- "And even better, the good officer suspected that the bad people who were bribing the bad magistrate were probably criminals themselves. So the good officer decided that it would be good if the bad people who were bribing the bad magistrate should go away. Forever."
- "So that good officer made a little special prayer that there would be a little bloodbath to wash the bad people away. There. Isn't that a nice little story? Maybe not a perfect story. Because it ends with a prayer, and not a bloodbath. But maybe the story isn't over yet."
- "Maybe the story will have a perfect ending. It isn't over yet."
- "So the little story has a perfect ending. All the bad people washed away. It almost makes you believe in the power of power."
- nice present:
- "What is the nice present from the Emperor? I'm sure I don't know. I think it is supposed to be a surprise. And, as I said, I'm not sure where it is. But I might find it. Any time. So check back and see if I've found it. Later. After you have done some work."
- "Do you like it? It's called the Ring of Surroundings. It's useful for sneaking about. I don't know much about it, but I believe it used to belong to a bad person. We don't usually need that sort of thing in the Legion. We're a little more straightforward in our methods. Usually."
- "Through various channels, I've learned a bit about your situation. I'd like to tell you a little story. And when I'm done, you can ask me some questions. And then, maybe, you might decide to go out and do some things. You might, and you might not. That's your affair. And I also want to tell you about a nice present I think the Emperor wants you to have. I'm not sure where it is. But maybe you'll want to check back and see if I've found it. Later. After you have done some things."
- "Never mind about the work. As I said, it's all been taken care of. And I hope you like your present."