At the southernmost extremity of Black Marsh, the region informally known as Murkmire gradually slopes down from the interior uplands of the north until it fades into the ocean. Legend holds that the land once extended much further south before it sank beneath the waves.
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- Sunken Treasure: Join the Cyrodilic Collections' expedition to an ancient xanmeer in Murkmire.
- Missing in Murkmire: Help Famia Mercius find missing expedition members.
- Whispers in the Wood: Work with the local tribes to find out more about a mysterious Argonian relic.
- Death and Dreaming: Join a dream-wallow ritual and learn the truth about the Remnant of Argon.
- The Swamp and the Serpent: Pursue a traitor through Deepmire.
- The Remnant of Argon: a magical refuge hidden inside a powerful Argonian relic.
- By River and Root: Guide the trapped spirits of the Root-Whisper tribe back to the cycle of rebirth.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Blackrose Prison Wayshrine — Located in the central part of Murkmire.
- Bright-Throat Wayshrine — Located south of Bright-Throat Village.
- Dead-Water Wayshrine — Located on the eastern side of Dead-Water Village.
- Lilmoth Wayshrine — Located in the middle of Lilmoth.
- Root-Whisper Wayshrine — Located in the southwestern corner of Root-Whisper Village.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Bright-Throat Village — A settlement found in the eastern shore of Murkmire.
- Dead-Water Village — A settlement found in western Murkmire.
- Lilmoth — A city found on the coast of Oliis Bay in Murkmire.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Alten Meerhleel — A small trading port located in Murkmire.
- The Dominus Fatum — A ruined Imperial ship located in Murkmire.
- Path of the Lily — A striking locale located in Murkmire.
- Root-Whisper Village — An abandoned village located in Murkmire.
- Ruined Guardhouse — An old watchtower located in Murkmire.
- Xinchei-Konu Monument — An ancient Argonian calendar located in Murkmire.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Deep Swamp Forge — A crafting site in Murkmire, near Dead-Water Village, for crafting the Naga Shaman set.
- Ruined Village — A crafting station in a destroyed settlement located in Murkmire due west of Lilmoth.
- Sweet Breeze Overlook — A crafting station located in Murkmire, north of Bright-Throat Village, for crafting the Grave-Stake Collector set.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Bok-Xul — An ancient ritual site found in Murkmire.
- Echoing Hollow — A group boss site found in Murkmire.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|Along the shore south of the Xinchei-Konu.||Southeast of the Xinchei-Konu Monument|
|Atop the xanmeer between Lilmoth and Alteen Meerhleel.||Halfway between Lilmoth and Alten Meerhleel|
|Before a waterfall south of the Dominus Fatum.||At the top of the waterfall south of The Dominus Fatum||You'll need to drop down from above to reach it.|
|Beside the rotten hut north of Dead-Water Village.||North of Dead-Water Village|
|Within the Teeth of Sithis atop the sunrise xanmeer.||On the top of the eastern xanmeer in the Teeth of Sithis.||While the skyshard is visible from the entrance,
you'll need to enter the interior to reach it.
|Deep in Tsofeer Cavern far from any exit.||In the southwestern-most cave in Tsofeer Cavern.|