On the border with Morrowind, the Shadowfen region has had more contact with Tamrielic civilization than most of Black Marsh—due primarily to the activities of the Dunmeri slavers who once operated out of the city of Stormhold. Now the Argonians are back in charge.
- 1 Zone Story Quests
- 2 Wayshrines
- 3 Cave Delver
- 4 Points of Interest
- 5 Pathfinder
- 6 Set Stations
- 7 Mundus Stones
- 8 Public Dungeons
- 9 World Events
- 10 World Bosses
- 11 Skyshard Hunter
- 12 Shalidor's Library Books
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- Three Tender Souls: Solve a series of crimes in Stormhold.
- Getting to the Truth: Find the missing vicecanon.
- Trail of the Skin-Stealer: Prepare to fight the Dominion near a Daedric ruin.
- The Skin-Stealer's Lair: Defeat the Skin-Stealer impostor.
- Keepers of the Shell: Save a generation of Argonians from the Dominion.
- The Dominion's Alchemist: Find the Dominion's alchemist.
- The Dream of the Hist: Defeat the alchemist and recover the Mnemic Egg.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Alten Corimont Wayshrine — Located in western Alten Corimont.
- Bogmother Wayshrine — Located east of Bogmother.
- Forsaken Hamlet Wayshrine — Located northwest of the Forsaken Hamlet.
- Hatching Pools Wayshrine — Located south of the Hatching Pools.
- Hissmir Wayshrine — Located east of Hissmir.
- Loriasel Wayshrine — Located south of Loriasel.
- Percolating Mire Wayshrine — Located west-southwest of the Percolating Mire.
- Stillrise Wayshrine — Located east of Stillrise Village.
- Stormhold Wayshrine — Located in eastern Stormhold.
- Venomous Fens Wayshrine — Located northeast of the White Rose Prison.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Atanaz Ruins — Small Argonian ruins in eastern Shadowfen, east of Alten Corimont containing Argonian Warriors.
- Broken Tusk — A Daedric ruin in eastern Shadowfen, north-northeast of the Forsaken Hamlet containing Daedra.
- Chid-Moska Ruins — Ancient Argonian ruins in southwestern Shadowfen, west of Murkwater containing outlaws.
- Gandranen Ruins — Ruins in central Shadowfen, southwest of the Hatching Pools containing Ayleid mummies.
- Onkobra Kwama Mine — A kwama mine in southeastern Shadowfen, south of Alten Corimont containing Kwama.
- Shrine of the Black Maw — An Ayleid ruin in northwestern Shadowfen, west-northwest of Stormhold containing vampires.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Alten Corimont — A port in eastern Shadowfen, east-southeast of the Hatching Pools.
- Bogmother — A ruin in northern Shadowfen, southeast of Stormhold.
- Deep Graves — A large cemetery in southern Shadowfen, southwest of Alten Corimont.
- Forsaken Hamlet — An abandoned village in eastern Shadowfen, north of Alten Corimont.
- Hatching Pools — Located in central Shadowfen.
- Hissmir — A ruin in southern Shadowfen, southwest of the Hatching Pools.
- Loriasel — An Ayleid ruin in southwestern Shadowfen.
- Mud Tree Village — A mining town in central Shadowfen, south of Stormhold.
- Murkwater — A village in southern Shadowfen.
- Percolating Mire — A village in southeastern Shadowfen, southeast of Alten Corimont.
- Stillrise Village — A cursed Kothringi village in northwestern Shadowfen, west of Stormhold.
- Stormhold — A city in northern Shadowfen.
- Sunscale Strand — A ruin in southeastern Shadowfen, southeast of Alten Corimont.
- Ten-Maur-Wolk — A Daedric ruin in northeastern Shadowfen, northeast of the Hatching Pools.
- White Rose Prison — A fort in western Shadowfen, west of the Hatching Pools.
- Xal Ithix — A farm in the southwestern corner of Shadowfen.
- Zuuk — An abandoned village in central Shadowfen, west of the Hatching Pools.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Camp Crystal Abattoir — Located southeast of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- Camp Merciful Reduction — Located north of the Forsaken Hamlet in eastern Shadowfen.
- Camp Silken Snare — Located north of the Hatching Pools in central Shadowfen.
- The Graceful Dominator — Located east of Alten Corimont in eastern Shadowfen.
- Hei-Halai — A campsite located west of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Telvanni Acquisition Camp — Located northwest of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Tsonashap Mine — An abandoned mine located southwest of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- The Vile Pavilion — Located northeast of Stillrise Village in northwestern Shadowfen.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Hatchling's Crown — A ruin located in southern Shadowfen, east of Murkwater.
- Weeping Wamasu Falls — Located in western Shadowfen, north of White Rose Prison.
- Xal Haj-Ei Shrine — A shrine in northern Shadowfen, east of Stormhold.
Mundus Stones are objects in the world that grant a boon in the form of a temporary player buff. This buff will persist until replaced with a different Mundus Stone boon.
- The Atronach — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
- The Serpent — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
- The Shadow — A Mundus Stone found in Greenshade, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, and Cyrodiil.
Public Dungeons are open world dungeons found throughout Tamriel and beyond. These are designed for four player groups. Completing different parts of Public Dungeons can award you with a skill point, experience, gold, and gear.
World Events such as Dark Anchors are activities that occur in the world that are best tackled by a group of adventurers. Completing a World Event can award you experience, gold, and higher tier gear.
- Leafwater Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point south of Alten Corimont in southeastern Shadowfen.
- Reticulated Spine Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Stormhold in northwestern Shadowfen.
- Venomous Fens Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Murkwater in southwestern Shadowfen.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Bitterroot Cave — A cave in Shadowfen.
- Captain Bones' Ship — A shipwreck in Shadowfen.
- Haynekhtnamet's Lair — A riverbank in Shadowfen.
- Nen Ria — An Ayleid ruin west of Mud Tree Village in Shadowfen.
- Slaver Camp — A camp in Shadowfen.
- Xal Thak — A ruined temple in southeastern Shadowfen, just southwest of Alten Corimont.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|Above the Mages' eye between the falls.||Above the Stormhold Mages Guild|
|Still shrouded by spray past a western rise.||North of Stillrise Village, beside waterfall|
|Sneak behind the relic-thieves' camp.||Southeast of Camp Silken Snare|
|Beside a bowsprit among pirates.||Top deck of Alten Corimont ship, in a crate|
|Ritual flames brew trouble in the mire.||East of Percolating Mire, on top of rocks|
|Where wisps waylay wanderers.||Deep graves, on the south side of the pyramid.|
|Like the sound of steam or snakes.||Hissmir, atop temple|
|Overlooking the murk of Xal Ithix.||West of Xal Ithix, Atop temple & rocks|
|Imprisoned in a crumbling tower.||White Rose Prison, top of tower|
|Peek behind pillars in Atanaz.||Square room with tent in Atanaz Ruins|
|Skittering, slithering, a tusk once whole.||Broken Tusk, big room with Harvester|
|Unearthed by an outlaw excavation.||Chid-Moska Ruins, right corner bend, hidden|
|Crown in hand, leave and look right.||Gandranen Ruins, on left in first side room|
|Climb, little kwama, to reach your goal.||Onkobra Kwama Mine, top of walkway in big room|
|Digesting in the belly of the Black Maw.||Shrine of the Black Maw, big room in a niche|
|Deep in the den of debauchery.||Sanguine's Demesne, natural cave area|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- Suril's Journal by Suril — A Mages Guild research journal documenting field studies in Black Marsh
- The Right Mattock for the Job — An ogre attack on a mine
- Dust's Shadow — A short tale of a Dark Brotherhood assassination
- Remember Me — The tale of an Argonian seeking to understand his nightmares
- Fair Argonian Maiden — A lewd Argonian poem
- A Shallow Pool — A poem regarding the Hist
- Freedom's Price — A tragic tale of forbidden love between a Dunmer slavemaster and her Argonian slave
- A Mother's Nursery Rhyme — A dark nursery rhyme surrounding the Night Mother and her five sacrificed children
- The Ruby Necklace — A warning goes unheeded
- On the Knahaten Flu by Archivist Neleminduure — A description of the Knahaten Flu
- Invocation of Azura by Sigillah Parate — A work written by the High Priestess of Azura arguing the superiority of Azura to other Daedra Princes
- Modern Heretics by Haderus of Gottlesfont — An account of one researcher's visit to the shrine of the Daedric Lord Azura
- Gods and Worship In Tamriel by Brother Hetchfeld, Associate Scribe at the Imperial University, Office of Introductory Studies — An overview of how the presence of Gods affects temple life worship
- Monomyth: The Heart of the World — The Monomyth: The Altmeri — "The Heart of the World."
- Nine Commands of the Eight Divines — An overview of principles relating to ethics and worship under the Imperial pantheon
- Vivec and Mephala — Informational book about ALMSIVI and Mephala
- Arx Corinium — First Seed Report by Centurion Pontius — An Imperial officer's journal outlining the difficulties in the construction of Arx Corinium
- Ancient Scrolls of the Dwemer XI by Marobar Sul — Book 11 of a series of fictional stories about the Dwemer
- Antecedents of Dwemer Law — A historical account of the development of Dwemer law and custom from its roots in High Elven culture
- Dwarven Automatons
- The Firmament by Ffoulke — A book of constellations and their meanings
- The Pig Children by Tyston Bane — Discusses the history of the Orcish threat in the Iliac Bay
- Ruminations on the Elder Scrolls by Septimus Signus, College of Winterhold — A philosophical view on the role of the Elder Scrolls
- Sithis — On Sithis, the start of the house
- The Book of Daedra — Excerpts from a lengthy tome describing the nature of each of the Daedra
- Darkest Darkness — A description of various Daedra
- The Doors of Oblivion, Part 1 by Seif-ij Hidja — The chronicle of Morian Zenas' attempts to find portals to Oblivion, penned by his apprentice
- The Doors of Oblivion, Part 2 by Seif-ij Hidja — The chronicle of Morian Zenas' journey through the realms of Oblivion, penned by his apprentice
- On Oblivion by Morian Zenas — A guide to Oblivion and the Daedra
- Spirit of the Daedra — A look into the Daedric mindset
- Varieties of Daedra, Part 1 by Aranea Drethan — An analysis of Daedra forms, focusing primarily on the Dremora
- Varieties of Daedra, Part 2 by Aranea Drethan — An analysis of Daedra forms, focusing primarily on the Dremora