Online:Zone Guide/Gold Coast
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- Voices in the Dark: Draw the attention of the Brotherhood.
- Signed in Blood: Murder a noble in his own estate to seal your place in the Dark Brotherhood.
- Welcome Home: Introduce yourself to your new family.
- Contract: Kvatch: Accept and carry out your first contract on behalf of the Dark Brotherhood.
- A Lesson in Silence: Silence a high-ranking priest who is spreading lies about the Dark Brotherhood.
- Questions of Faith: Help your fellow Brotherhood member regain their faith in the guild.
- A Special Request: Complete a high-profile contract... or two.
- Dark Revelations: Investigate the background of the Black Dragon.
- A Ghost from the Past: Accompany Green-Venom-Tongue on a journey to the past.
- The Wrath of Sithis: Ensure that the Black Hand's will is done at Knightsgrave.
- Filling the Void: One more soul needs to be sent to the Void to eliminate the powers threatening the Dark Brotherhood.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Anvil Wayshrine — Located in Anvil.
- Gold Coast Wayshrine — Located along the Gold Road between Anvil and Kvatch.
- Kvatch Wayshrine — Located in Kvatch.
- Strid River Wayshrine — Located west of the Enclave of the Hourglass.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Garlas Agea — An Ayleid ruin found northeast of Anvil containing mercenaries.
- Hrota Cave — A cave located just north of Anvil containing wispmothers and undead.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Anvil — A major settlement on the Gold Coast of Cyrodiil.
- Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary — The hidden lair of the Dark Brotherhood on the Gold Coast.
- Enclave of the Hourglass — A fort to the south of Kvatch.
- Knightsgrave — An Imperial ruin far northwest of Anvil, near the mouth of the Brena River.
- Kvatch — A major settlement in the eastern highlands of the Gold Coast.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Anvil Lighthouse — The lighthouse in Anvil, located on a sandspit across from the docks.
- At-Himah Family Estate — An estate found on the southern approach into Kvatch.
- Beldaburo — An Ayleid ruin found northwest of Anvil.
- Garlas Malatar — An Ayleid ruin on the western Gold Coast.
- Jarol Estate — An estate northwest of Anvil.
- Varen's Wall Gatehouse — The eastern gate out of the Gold Coast.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Colovian Revolt Forge Yard — A crafting site located far northwest of Anvil.
- Marja's Mill — A farm north of Kvatch.
- Strid River Artisans Camp — A crafting site found on a headland in the Strid estuary, southeast of Anvil.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Kvatch Arena — A battleground found in the city of Kvatch.
- Tribune's Folly — An excavated Imperial ruin found east of Anvil.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|On a lonely isle staring out across the Abacean.||On a small island west of Anvil.|
|Proudly displayed near the caretaker's home.||West-southwest of the Colovian Revolt Forge Yard.|
|Nestled in the arm of the eastern watchtower.||Southeast of Kvatch, in the ruins of a tower.|
|Pulled from the ground in a strange harvest||East of the Enclave of the Hourglass, in a farm infested with thunderbugs.|
|Hidden away where only spelunkers will find it.||Inside Hrota Cave, in the northeast corner.|
|A treasure of the Gold Coast, kept in a stolen vault.||Inside Garlas Agea, in the large eastern room.|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- Trials of Saint Alessia — Excerpt from a greater work detailing the creation of the Amulet of Kings
- The Adabal-a by Morihaus — The memoirs of Morihaus, consort to Alessia and Taker of the Citadel
- The Cleansing of the Fane — Fragmented script from a member of the Alessian Order
- Sithis — On Sithis, the start of the house
- Flesh to Cut from Bone — A sea shanty
- Proper-Life: Three Chants — Marching songs of the Alessian Order
- Ayleid Inscriptions Translated by Beredalmo the Signifier — A series of Ayleid phrases and their translations
- Eulogy for Emperor Varen by Lord Abnur Tharn, Chancellor of the Elder Council — A lament for a dead emperor