Online:Zone Guide/Imperial City
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- City on the Brink: Report to an alliance General for a briefing on the ongoing struggle for power in the Imperial City. • •
- The Imperial Standard: Defend a garrison from the forces of Molag Bal.
- The Bleeding Temple: Rescue the priests of the Imperial clergy from the Daedra.
- The Watcher in the Walls: Turn the tables on the Daedra in the Imperial Arena.
- Of Brands and Bones: Convince a skeleton to reveal the Worm Cult's excavation plans.
- The Lock and the Legion: Liaise with an Imperial captain who has infiltrated Legion Zero.
- Knowledge is Power: Recover an ancient tome from the Daedra and assist in its translation.
- The Sublime Brazier: Put an end to Molag Bal's plot in the Imperial City.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Arboretum — The southeastern district of the Imperial City.
- Arena District — The eastern district of the Imperial City.
- Elven Gardens District — The northwestern district of the Imperial City.
- Memorial District — The northeastern district of the Imperial City.
- Nobles District — The western district of the Imperial City.
- Temple District — The southwestern district of the Imperial City.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Alik'ri Alcove — A location in the Lambent Passage within the Imperial Sewers.
- Bloodmist Slaughterhouse — A location in the Vile Drainage, within the Imperial Sewers.
- Drain-Dweller's Outpost — A location in the Irrigation Tunnels, within the Imperial Sewers.
- Headsman's Bonepile — A location in the Harena Hypogeum, within the Imperial Sewers.
- Inquisitor's Retreat — A location in the Antediluvian Vaults, within the Imperial Sewers.
- Unfinished Memoirs — A location in the Abyssal Depths, within the Imperial Sewers.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Arboretum Armory — A workshop in the Arboretum District of the Imperial City, where you may craft items in the Redistributor set.
- Memorial Armory — A workshop in the Memorial District of the Imperial City.
- Nobles Armory — A workshop in the Nobles District of the Imperial City.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Ebral the Betrayer
- Emperor Leovic
- Gati the Storm Sister
- Lady of the Depths
- Otholug gro-Goldfolly
- Secundinus the Despoiler
- Taebod the Gatekeeper
- General Nazenaechar
- General Kryozote
- General Zamachar
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|Atop a pile of rancid flesh.||In the Arboretum, western corner.|
|Cheap seats at a pit fight.||In the Arena District, eastern wall.|
|In the Garden's darkest corner.||In the Elven Gardens District, eastern corner.|
|From the river to the grave.||In the Memorial District, south-western corner.|
|The most eminent nobles live upstairs.||In the Nobles District, upstairs in a house in the northwest.|
|Near contested holy ruins.||In the Temple District, northern wall.|
|Imperial City Sewers|
|Darkest alchemy, bought in bulk.||In the Harena Hypogeum, south of Headsman's Bonepile||As this one is deep in Pact territory, members of other alliances might want to approach it from the Arena District sewer entrance.|
|Where laundry never gets dry.||In the Antediluvian Vaults, northwest of Inquisitor's Retreat.|
|An Aldmeri outpost, lost to crocodiles.||In the Irrigation Tunnels, southeast of Drain-Dweller's Outpost.||As this one is deep in Dominion territory, members of other alliances can access it via the Temple District or Arboretum sewer entrances. The Temple entrance is closer, but the Arboretum is more out of the way.|
|Dozing in the portal-light.||In the Abyssal Depths, north-northeast of Unfinished Memoirs, near a Daedric Portal.|
|The shard is slipping down the drain.||In the Lambent Passage, west-southwest of Alik'ri Alcove.||As this one is deep in Covenant territory, members of other alliances will have the easiest time approaching from the Nobles District sewer entrance.|
|This cistern contains the heart of a lion.||In the Vile Drainage, east of Bloodmist Slaughterhouse, at the top of the ramp.|
|The deepest depths where the Tower grows roots.||In the Barathrum Centrata.||Can be acquired without triggering the event here if you're careful.|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- The Spawn of Molag Bal — Brief description of Molag Bal and his relationship to Vampires
- An Accounting of the Elder Scrolls by Quintus Nerevelus, Former Imperial Librarian — An author's report on the Elder Scrolls and his subsequent entry into the Cult of the Ancestor Moth
- The Amulet of Kings by Wenengrus Monhona — Chronicles the creation of the Amulet of Kings
- The Book of Daedra — Excerpts from a lengthy tome describing the nature of each of the Daedra
- Darkest Darkness — A description of various Daedra
- On Oblivion by Morian Zenas — A guide to Oblivion and the Daedra
- Varieties of Daedra, Part 2 by Aranea Drethan — An analysis of Daedra forms, focusing primarily on the Dremora