Online:Zone Guide/Hew's Bane
During the early days of the Ra Gada, Prince Hubalajad claimed this Hammerfell peninsula for his own. When all his ambitious endeavors ended in failure, the region acquired the nickname Hew's Bane—and it stuck.
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- Partners in Crime: Help a novice thief pull off her biggest heist yet.
- Cleaning House: Investigate a retired member's connection to the Iron Wheel.
- The Long Game: Find out more about the former guild rackets a new merchant lord has his eyes on.
- A Flawless Plan: Uncover the truth about the Thieves Guild's failed heist.
- Forever Hold Your Peace: Infiltrate a highly anticipated wedding at Hubalajad's Palace.
- Prison Break: Rescue the imprisoned guildmaster from No Shira Prison.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Abah's Landing Wayshrine — Located outside Abah's Landing.
- No Shira Citadel Wayshrine — Located outside No Shira Citadel.
- Zeht's Displeasure Wayshrine — Located in central Hew's Bane.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Bahraha's Gloom — A delve west of Abah's Landing containing Bleak Veil necromancers and undead.
- Shark's Teeth Grotto — A delve found on the southern coast of Hew's Bane containing pirates.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Abah's Landing — A major settlement on the east coast of Hew's Bane.
- No Shira Citadel — A ruined fortress located south of Abah's Landing.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Hubalajad's Reflection — A giant statue of Prince Hubalajad located southeast of Abah's Landing.
- Placations of Zeht — Ancient Yokudan ruins southwest of Abah's Landing.
- Prince Hew's Shuttered Tomb — A giant rock formation southwest of Abah's Landing.
- Tava's Beak — A big rock on the southern coast of Hew's Bane.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Forebear's Junction — A crafting site southwest of Ko Estaran.
- The Lost Pavilion — A crafting site west of Abah's Landing.
- No Shira Workshop — A crafting site inside No Shira Citadel.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Ko Estaran — A sinking Yokudan ruin located southwest of Abah's Landing.
- Thrall Cove — A landing on the western coast of Hew's Bane.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|The bank's finest treasure.||On top level of the Bank of Abah's Landing building, accessible through the chironasium.|
|Near what is now Lost.||Southeast of The Lost Pavilion, in a niche with scorpions nearby.|
|On the shoulder of the arch.||Southeast of Forebear's Junction, on top of rocks, not too far off the road.|
|Overlooking the home of the Deep.||On rocks overlooking Ko Estaran from the northeast.|
|Necromancer's passage to the rafters.||Inside Bahraha's Gloom, on the upper level of the dungeon, accessible from the final room.|
|Highest point in the Grotto.||Inside Shark's Teeth Grotto: on Plank Hill, on the upper level.|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- Flesh to Cut from Bone — A sea shanty
- The Thief God's Treasures by Wafaruz the Veracious Spitter — On Rajhin's Daedric prizes and exploits