Surrounded by the Inner Sea, the sprawling volcanic island of Vvardenfell dominates northern Morrowind. The ominous, ever-smoldering peak of Red Mountain looms over this strange land.
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- Divine Conundrum: Help a canon fulfill a mission from Vivec.
- Divine Inquiries: Investigate potential causes of the Warrior-Poet's loss of divine power.
- Divine Delusions: Discredit an Ashlander's claim to the title of Nerevarine.
- Divine Intervention: Help the clockwork mage create a tonal inverter to counteract the power of Sunna'rah.
- Divine Disaster: Recover a Blessing Stone in order to prevent a cosmic catastrophe.
- Divine Restoration: Seek guidance from the Lady of Twilight against a common foe.
- Divine Blessings: Help Lord Vivec reward those who assisted in restoring his divine power.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Ald'ruhn Wayshrine — Located in Ald'ruhn.
- Balmora Wayshrine — Located in Balmora.
- Gnisis Wayshrine — Located in Gnisis.
- Molag Mar Wayshrine — Located east of Molag Mar.
- Nchuleftingth Wayshrine — Located northwest of Nchuleftingth.
- Sadrith Mora Wayshrine — Located in Sadrith Mora.
- Seyda Neen Wayshrine — Located in Seyda Neen.
- Suran Wayshrine — Located northwest of Suran.
- Tel Branora Wayshrine — Located near Online:Tel Branora tower.
- Tel Mora Wayshrine — Located outside Vos.
- Urshilaku Camp Wayshrine — Located southwest of Urshilaku Camp.
- Valley of the Wind Wayshrine — Located in the eastern Ashlands, on the north coast of Vvardenfell.
- Vivec City Wayshrine — Located in Vivec City's construction camp.
- Vivec Temple Wayshrine — Located on the southeast side of the Temple Canton of Vivec City.
- West Gash Wayshrine — Located in the central West Gash region of Vvardenfell, southeast of Gnisis.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Ashalmawia — A delve found in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell containing Worm cultists.
- Khartag Point — A delve found in the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell containing Camonna Tong and dreugh.
- Matus-Akin Egg Mine — A delve found in the Azura's Coast region of Vvardenfell containing bandits and kwama.
- Nchuleft — A delve found in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell containing Dwemer constructs.
- Pulk — A delve found in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell containing bandits.
- Zainsipilu — A cave located in the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell containing bandits.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Ahemmusa Camp — An Ashlander camp found in the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Ald'ruhn — An Ashlander meeting place found north of Balmora.
- Balmora — A city found in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell.
- Dreloth Ancestral Tomb — A crypt found in the Azura's Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Erabenimsun Camp — An Ashlander camp found in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
- Gnisis — A town found in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell.
- Molag Mar — A town found in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
- Sadrith Mora — A city found in the '"`UNIQd587d6816d8cbb88-cleanspace-00000004-QINU`"'Azura's Coast region of northeastern Vvardenfell.
- Seyda Neen — A coastal Imperial settlement found in the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Suran — A town found northeast of Vivec City in the Ascadian Isles region of Vvardenfell.
- Tel Aruhn — A village found in the Azura's Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Urshilaku Camp — An Ashlander camp found in the Ashlands region of Vvardenfell.
- Vassir-Didanat Mine — An ebony mine located to the south of Balmora.
- Veloth Ancestral Tomb — A tomb found in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell.
- Vivec City — The largest city on Vvardenfell and the home of Vivec.
- Vos — A town found in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell.
- Zainab Camp — An Ashlander camp found in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Ald Sotha — A striking locale found in the Ascadian Isles region of Vvardenfell.
- Aleft — A Dwemer ruin found in the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell, northwest of Balmora.
- Ashalmimilkala — A Daedric ruin found in the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell, west of Balmora.
- Falensarano Ruins — A striking locale found in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell.
- Hanud Tower — A striking locale found in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell.
- Holamayan Monastery — A striking locale found in the Azura's Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Shrine of Azura — A striking locale found in the Azura's Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Valenvaryon — A striking locale found in the Ashlands region of Vvardenfell.
- Yasammidan — A Daedric ruin dedicated to Mehrunes Dagon found in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Marandus — A Dunmer Stronghold in central Vvardenfell, north of Vivec City.
- Randas Ancestral Tomb — A tomb in western Vvardenfell, northwest of Ularra.
- Zergonipal — A Daedric ruin in the Ashlands region of Vvardenfell, southwest of Valley of the Wind Wayshrine.
Public Dungeons are open world dungeons found throughout Tamriel and beyond. These are designed for four player groups. Completing different parts of Public Dungeons can award you with a skill point, experience, gold, and gear.
- Forgotten Wastes — A public dungeon found in Vvardenfell.
- Nchuleftingth — A Dwemer ruin and public dungeon found in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Dubdil Alar Tower — A group boss site found south of Vos in the Grazelands region of Vvardenfell.
- Missir-Dadalit Egg Mine — A group boss site found in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
- Nilthog's Hollow — A group boss site found in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell.
- Salothan's Council — A group boss site found in the West Gash region of Vvardenfell.
- Shipwreck Cove — A group boss site found in the Azura's Coast region of Vvardenfell.
- Sulipund Grange — A group boss site found in the Molag Amur region of Vvardenfell.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|At a small shrine where the road forks.||Mount Assarnibibi (North of Molag Mar)||Follow the main road north of Molag Mar. Skyshard is at a Y-shaped fork.
In ES III Morrowind, this shrine is where you are sent to obtain the Ebony Mail.
|On an isle facing the Sea of Ghosts.||E of Hanud Tower, SE of Vos||Look for the large C-shaped island. The Skyshard is on the smaller island to the east.|
|On a Dwemer overhang, above a river of lava.||Mzanchend||In ES III Morrowind, Mzanchend is the Dwemer fortress where you obtain Dwemer Schematics for the Telvanni Stronghold.|
|On an outcropping overlooking a grisly scene.||Below Esutanamus||Jump down from above. Alternatively, look for a fire with a dismembered corpse, then climb up the rocks.
In ES III Morrowind, Esutanamus is a shrine to Molag Bal.
|In a hollow stump on the wetlands.||Mawia (North of Tel Branora)||On a little island at the base of a large tower, directly south of Molag Mar wayshrine.
In ES III Morrowind, Mawia is a Velothi tower containing a necromancer.
|Withheld at customs and stored in the yard.||Seyda Neen Governor's Office courtyard||Next to the Governor's Office.|
|In a stump on the northern shore of Lake Amaya.||Just west of Suran. In a stump. On the northern shore of Lake Amaya.||In an area with Netch Gouger goblin enemies.|
|In the heart of crumbling Daedric ruins.||Ashalmimilkala||On a platform in front of a blocked door.
In ES III Morrowind, Ashalmimilkala is a shrine to Mehrunes Dagon.
|On a stranded rock in a river of lava.||S of Valenvaryon|
|Beneath the Dwarven bridge.||NW of Gnisis, under bridge leading to Arkngthunch-Sturdumz||At the lowest level of Gnisis. Look out for cliff striders.|
|On a treacherous path overlooking a sea of fire.||SW corner of Nchuleftingth Lavaworks, overlooking one of the last parts of the dungeon||Just before you talk to Neramo in The Heart's Desire.|
|Heaped onto a cart of stone left on a precarious perch.||Forgotten Wastes, center of Caverns of Kogoruhn part||Go through Drinith Ancestral Tomb to reach the Caverns of Kogoruhn.|
|Nestled with glittering treasures where the red crystals glow.||Khartag Point||Down a very narrow side passage on the eastern side of the delve.|
|Hidden deep within a shrine to the Prince of Corruption.||Ashalmawia||Lowest level, before the natural cave part. A summoning circle that spawns waves of enemies is right in front of it.|
|Where cliff-striders bask under golden rays in their den.||Zainsipilu, NE||On the lowest level of the cave. Enter the cavern through a hidden entrance behind a waterfall.|
|On an islet in the subterranean lake.||Matus-Akin Egg Mine||Easy to find since there is only one watery area in the delve.|
|In a cozy bandit's den.||Pulk||On the lower level of the delve, inside a box in a furnished alcove.|
|In the deepest depths of a subterranean Dwemer ruin.||Nchuleft Depths||On the very lowest level near the boss, Nchuthand Far-Hurler.|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- The House of Troubles — Chronicle of the Daedra who decided not to submit to the Tribunal
- Invocation of Azura by Sigillah Parate — A work written by the High Priestess of Azura arguing the superiority of Azura to other Daedra Princes
- Kwama Mining for Fun and Profit by Dorayn Redas, House Hlaalu — An instructional guide to Kwama mining
- The Living Gods by Durillis the Theologian — Praise for the Tribunal
- Sanctioned Murder by Mjahlar Virian — Extract from the journal of a retired Morag Tong assassin
- Vivec and Mephala — Informational book about ALMSIVI and Mephala
- On Stepping Lightly by Narsis Dren, Treasure Hunter — A warning on what to expect in the ruins of Skyrim
- The Great Houses and Their Uses by Tel Verano — Appraisals of the Great Houses of Morrowind
- Varieties of Faith: The Dark Elves by Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College — A summary of the Dunmeri pantheon