|Location||Khenarthi's Roost, Gold Coast, Malabal Tor|
Neutral (Malabal Tor)
|Carapace, Beetle Scuttle
Thunderbugs are hostile creatures that use lightning based attacks. They are very common on the island of Khenarthi's Roost. These solitary creatures are dangerous, but they do also have uses on the moon-sugar plantations; namely, controlling rats and other pests.
Some thunderbugs are capable of not only shooting lightning from themselves, but also summoning it from the sky.
- A Pinch of Sugar: Help Juranda-ra save her plantation.
- For Everything a Season: Help finish preparation of a famous rotmeth brew.
- Handmade Guardian: Build your own lurcher with special elemental powers.
- Shock to the System: Help save a catatonic Argonian.
Skills and Abilities
- Thunderbug Lord, a thunderbug found in the Root Sunder Ruins
- Stormhead the Ravenous, a large thunderbug found in the Burroot Kwama Mine
- A Child's Tamriel Bestiary by Shane gro-Orath (Clever, no? Ha, ha!) — A children's rhyming alphabet book
- Bolga's Guide to Island Beasts by Bolga gra-Bur, Huntswoman of Mistral — A brief summary of the creatures found on Khenarthi's Roost
- Thunderbug Repellent by Nimriell
There are several Achievements associated with this creature:
|||Chitin Accumulator||10||Collect trophies from all the chitinous creatures of Tamriel.|
|||Nature Slayer||15||Kill a variety of natural creatures in the wilds of Tamriel and beyond.|