- The ashfall from the volcanoes of the Velothi Mountains and from great Ash Mountain itself is Stonefalls' bane and benefit, fertilizing the soil where the land isn't too arid to grow crops. It was here that the recent invading army from Akavir met its bloody end.
Stonefalls is a zone in central Morrowind. This diverse area features landscapes ranging from fungal forests to barren volcanic crags, and is home to the cities of Davon's Watch, Ebonheart and Kragenmoor.
Stonefalls' geography varies from place to place, but it is mostly a hodgepodge of terrain from the surrounding regions. Daen Seeth, the easternmost region, is home to the great volcano Ash Mountain which is constantly erupting, and thus the surrounding land is burned and charred, but in the city of Davon's Watch, not far off from Ash Mountain, the land is green and hilly with fungal features, like the neighboring region Bal Foyen. Varanis, the western region of Stonefalls, is mostly a hilly, barren volcanic landscape. Another great volcano, the Tormented Spire, looms over the city of Kragenmoor in the southwest, but unlike Ash Mountain, it is not constantly churning out molten rock and lava. In northern Zabamat lies the Ebonheart Pact-controlled Fort Virak, which protects the border with Skyrim from the wild creatures of Stonefalls such as the ferocious Alits and Kagouti. Also in Zabamat is the Fungal Grotto, the base of the Murkwater Goblins and a hidden shrine to Mephala. In Zabamat, the central region of Stonefalls, lies the city of Ebonheart, which is home to a large population of Argonians, who are highly distrustful of the Dunmer living in the city.
- Davon's Watch — A city in northeastern Stonefalls.
- Ebonheart — A city in central Stonefalls.
- Kragenmoor — A city on the southwestern side of Stonefalls.
- Fort Arand — A fort in southern Stonefalls, south of Ebonheart.
- Fort Virak — A fort in northwestern Stonefalls.
- Heimlyn Keep — A fort in western Stonefalls, north of Kragenmoor.
- Iliath Temple — A Tribunal temple in western Stonefalls, northwest of Kragenmoor.
- Lukiul Uxith — An Argonian town in western Stonefalls, just north of Heimlyn Keep.
- Senie — A town in eastern Stonefalls, south of Davon's Watch.
Farms and Plantations
- Hrogar's Hold — A farmstead in western Stonefalls, east of the Argonian village of Lukiul Uxith.
- Sathram Plantation — A plantation in the far west of Stonefalls, just northwest of Kragenmoor.
- Sulfur Pools — A series of pools in west-central Stonefalls, west of Ebonheart.
Caves, Ruins and Mines
- Ash Mountain — A volcano in southeastern Stonefalls, southwest of the town of Senie.
- Brothers of Strife — An enormous statue towering over a series of ruins in southern Stonefalls, south of Ebonheart.
- The Harborage — A cave in the wilderness which the Prophet has adopted as his home and refuge.
- Tormented Spire — A large active volcano with a cave in southern Stonefalls, east of Kragenmoor.
Battlefields, Cemeteries and Crypts
- Othrenis — A necropolis in southeastern Stonefalls, southwest of Senie.
- Starved Plain — A battlefield just outside Davon's Watch in Stonefalls.
- Vivec's Antlers — A battlefield in central Stonefalls, just outside Ebonheart.
- Crow's Wood — A pocket plane of Evergloam accessed via a cleverly disguised portal in Davon's Watch, in Stonefalls.
- Emberflint Mine — A mine in central Stonefalls, southeast of Ebonheart.
- Fungal Grotto — A group dungeon found in western Stonefalls.
- Hightide Hollow — An abandoned mine in central Stonefalls, west of Ebonheart.
- Inner Sea Armature — A Dwemer ruin west of Davon's Watch in Stonefalls.
- Mephala's Nest — A ruin in central Stonefalls, just south of Ebonheart.
- Sheogorath's Tongue — A Daedric ruin in western Stonefalls, north of Kragenmoor.
- Softloam Cavern — A cave northeast of Kragenmoor in Stonefalls.
- The Brahma's Grove — A grove in central Stonefalls, south of Ebonheart.
- Cave of Memories — A cave in western Stonefalls, northwest of Heimlyn Keep.
- The Matron's Clutch — An island off the coast west of Ebonheart.
- Shipwreck Strand — A wreck-strewn beach on the coast west of Davon's Watch.
- Shivering Shrine — A Daedric ruin northeast of Kragenmoor in Stonefalls.
- Strifeswarm Hive — A kwama mine in eastern Stonefalls, south of Davon's Watch.
- Daen Seeth Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northeast of Ebonheart in northern Stonefalls.
- Varanis Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point east of the Deshaan gate in southern Stonefalls.
- Zabamat Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point east of Fort Virak in northwestern Stonefalls.
- The Lady — A Mundus Stone found in Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls, and Cyrodiil.
- The Lover — A Mundus Stone found in Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls, and Cyrodiil.
Points of Interest
- Armature's Upheaval — A ruin in central Stonefalls, south of Ebonheart.
- Dagger's Point Invasion Camp — Located west of Ebonheart in central Stonefalls.
- Davenas Farm — Located northeast of Kragenmoor in western Stonefalls.
- Greymist Falls — Located northwest of Lukiul Uxith in western Stonefalls.
- Magmaflow Overlook — A ruin in southern Stonefalls, northwest of the Deshaan gate.
- Steamfont Cavern — A cave in eastern Stonefalls, southwest of Davon's Watch.
- Steamlake Encampment — Located northeast of the Deshaan gate in southern Stonefalls.
- Still-Water's Camp — Located northeast of Ebonheart in northern Stonefalls.
- Stonefang Isle — Located north of Ebonheart in northern Stonefalls.
- Strifeswarm Kwama Mine — Located south of Davon's Watch in eastern Stonefalls.
- Ebonheart Chateau — A player manor in central Stonefalls.
- The Ebony Flask Inn Room — A player room in Ebonheart.
- Kragenhome — A small player house in Kragenmoor.
- Ashen Road Wayshrine — Located east of Kragenmoor in southwestern Stonefalls.
- Brothers of Strife Wayshrine — Located north of the Brothers of Strife.
- Davon's Watch Wayshrine — Located south of Davon's Watch.
- Ebonheart Wayshrine — Located in central Ebonheart.
- Fort Arand Wayshrine — Located north of Fort Arand.
- Fort Virak Wayshrine — Located south of Fort Virak.
- Hrogar's Hold Wayshrine — Located south of Hrogar's Hold.
- Iliath Temple Wayshrine — Located north of the Iliath Temple.
- Kragenmoor Wayshrine — Located in central Kragenmoor.
- Othrenis Wayshrine — Located west of Othrenis.
- Sathram Plantation Wayshrine — Located northeast of the Sathram Plantation.
- Senie Wayshrine — Located east of Senie.
- Sulfur Pools Wayshrine — Located southeast of the Sulfur Pools.
- Vivec's Antlers Wayshrine — Located south of Vivec's Antlers.
- House Dres Crypts — An ancestral burial tomb of House Dres, located in Kragenmoor.
- House Indoril Crypt — An ancestral burial tomb of House Indoril, located in Davon's Watch.
- Jester's Festival — A tent found south of Ebonheart.
- Olyve's Brewery — The hidden lair of Witchmother Olyve.
- Shrine of Almalexia — A shrine to Almalexia just east of Ebonheart.
- Shrine of Sotha Sil — A shrine to Sotha Sil located on an island just north of Ebonheart.
- Shrine of Vivec — A shrine to Vivec just west of Ebonheart.
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required, and only one can be completed.|
||Denotes a quest which is part of the main story chain.|
||Denotes a story quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a story pointer which is part of the main chain.|
||Denotes a story pointer which is on an alternate path.|
||Denotes a side quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|
Ebonheart Pact Story Quests
- Legacy of the Ancestors: Help retrieve a component to defend Davon's Watch.
- Delaying the Daggers: Disrupt a Covenant siege of Davon's Watch.
- City Under Siege: Protect Tanval as he performs the ritual.
- Quiet the Ringing Bell: Head to the heart of Daen Seeth to return the juggernaut to its cage.
- Mystery of Othrenis: Seek out an Argonian scout at Othrenis.
- Wake the Dead: Wake a powerful mage to help contain Balreth.
- Rending Flames: Retrieve Mavos' personal effects to view a vision of the past.
- To Ash Mountain: Help the Pact troops at Ash Mountain.
- Restoring the Guardians: Restore the two guardians of Balreth.
- The Death of Balreth: Defeat Balreth and end his threat forever.
- In With the Tide: Investigate reports of an invasion force washing up on the shores of Zabamat.
- The Coral Heart: Stop the Covenant from exploiting a powerful artifact.
- To Fort Virak: Assist the Pact troops at Fort Virak.
- Breaking Fort Virak: Help liberate Fort Virak from the Covenant forces.
- Evening the Odds: Help the Pact troops get inside Fort Virak's courtyard.
- The General's Demise: Put an end to the Covenant invasion of Stonefalls.
- City at the Spire: Stop the second Brother of Strife from being released in Varanis.
- Aggressive Negotiations: Find out what the Indoril Grandmaster wanted in Kragenmoor.
- Saving the Son: Rescue the missing son of the Dres Grandmaster.
- To the Tormented Spire: Start your ascent of the Tormented Spire.
- Climbing the Spire: Make your way to the top of the Tormented Spire.
- Opening the Portal: Gain access to Sadal's prison.
- Sadal's Final Defeat: Rebind Sadal and end the threat to Stonefalls.
- Alternate Story Pointers
- Assisting Davon's Watch: Assist a besieged city.
- To Aid Davon's Watch: Assist a besieged city.
- To the Mountain: Help the Pact troops at Ash Mountain.
- A Higher Priority: Help the Pact troops at Vivec's Antlers.
- Taking Precautions: Inform Walks-in-Ash of the unstable wards at Tormented Spire.
Daen Seeth Side Quests
- Close the Scamp Caves: Stem the tide of scamps at Ash Mountain.
- Decree of the Court: Pay a toll of flesh or silver to the Blackfeather Court.
- Desperate Souls: Help free a group of Argonian slaves from Oblivion.
- Enslaved in Death: Help put spirits to rest.
- Exquisite Tears: "Procure" a bottle of rare wine.
- The Fate of a Friend: Find out what happened to an Ashlander's lost friend.
- Giving for the Greater Good: Collect a kwama cap to help Argonians restore the Starved Plain.
Lava Foot Stomp: Celebrate the New Life Festival with the Dunmer of Stonefalls.(disabled)
- Percussive Ranching: Help a kwama farmer gather his herd.
- Proving Trust: Aid a town in the wake of a volcanic eruption.
- Quieting a Heart: Help a woman speak to her deceased lover one last time.
- A Son's Promise: Help a son find his missing father.
- Suspicious Silence: Investigate the Covenant troops massing near Fort Arand.
- Through the Aftermath: Decide how to handle an army of Chimer soldiers.
- The Venom of Ahknara: Rout the Covenant assassins infiltrating Fort Arand.
- Wayward Son: Learn the secret plots of the "Circle of Mages".
- The Wizard's Tome: Help recover a stolen spellbook.
- A Bit of Sport: Impress Nord sawyers by fighting them drunk.
- The Brothers Will Rise: Discover how the Brothers of Strife were born.
- Cleansing the Past: Help put the dead to rest at Vivec's Antlers.
- The Curse of Heimlyn Keep: Help save the scholars of the Keep from an ancient curse.
- Enlightenment Needs Salt: Aid an Argonian alchemist in her attempts to join the Mages Guild.
- Hunting Invaders: Help an Argonian village repel a Covenant assault.
- Kinsman's Revenge: Help find Hrogar's missing sons.
- Night of the Soul: Help a Temple disciple regain his faith.
- Peril at the Pools: Locate the farmers who were displaced by the Covenant invasion.
- Protecting the Hall: Help defend Hrogar's Hold from a goblin attack.
- Recovering the Guar: Locate the guar that ran away during the Covenant attack.
- Restoring Order: Help the governing house of Ebonheart unite the disparate citizens.
- The Sapling: Help save the Argonian's Hist tree in Ebonheart.
- Savages of Stonefalls: Slay the most vicious creatures in the Stonefalls countryside.
- A Storm Broken: Search for a missing resident of Lukiul Uxith.
- Taking the Tower: Collaborate on another wine-related "business venture".
- The Truth about Spiders: Figure out what is controlling the spiders in Hightide Hollow.
- What Was Done Must Be Undone: Enter the Reliquary and end the curse of Heimlyn Keep.
- Window on the Past: Uncover the history of the Brothers of Strife.
- Darkvale Brews: Retrieve some stolen potions from a gang of Argonian bandits.
- Divine Favor: Seek the Tribunal's aid against a band of renegade Ashlanders.
- The Fetish: Identify the origins of a strange religious statue.
- From the Wastes: Help the Kagesh wise woman diffuse hostilities between Ashlanders and House Dunmer.
- A Gathering of Guar: Help find a missing herd.
- A Goblin's Affection: Save an inept apprentice's brother from an unplanned marriage.
- Waylaid Wine Merchant: Help a wine merchant recover his lost bottles of Balmora Blue Wine.
- Shattering Mirror: Banish the dark spirits plaguing the plantation.
- Stem the Tide: Prevent a Covenant attack on Kragenmoor.
- A Story Told in Footprints: Retrace the steps of the Sathram Plantation rioters.
- This One's a Classic: Help an Argonian comedian understand Dunmer humor.
- Undermined: Repel the Ashlander attack on Iliath Temple.
- An Unwanted Twin: Unravel the mystery of the silent soldiers of Sathram.
- Vengeance for House Dres: Deal Dres justice to the Indoril Vanguard.
Fungal Grotto Pledge: Explore Fungal Grotto and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Kings of the Grotto: Clear out an old grotto for a group of Mephala worshippers.
- Lighting the Shadows: Help the Fighters Guild stop the Spider Cult from raising an army of shadows.
Veteran Fungal Grotto Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Veteran Fungal Grotto.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
|Watching lions swim to shore.||Western Davon's Watch, beside the cliffs.|
|Near Bal Foyen's gate.||On the left as you leave Bal Foyen via the gate, right next to building.|
|Staging an attack on Arand.||NNW of Fort Arand, on the cliff above a small encampment of enemies.|
|A lady on a cliff, beyond Sulfur Pools.||West of Dagger's Point Invasion Camp, at the foot of a statue overlooking the sea. Northwest of Wayshrine|
|Among mushrooms, high above Lukiul Uxith.||Southeast of Lukiul Uxith, on the hillside.|
|Among pools of fire, above Vivec's Wayshrine.||South of Vivec's Antlers Wayshrine, on a tiny island in the lava flows.|
|South on the Ashen Road, where lava flows.||SSE of Magmaflow Overlook, surrounded by lava.|
|Tucked away, on a grotto's mantel.||Above and behind the entrance to Fungal Grotto.|
|On a hillside behind a plantation.||Southwest of Sathram Plantation's map marker, behind the Quarters buildings.|
|Left to rust beside ancient arms.||In Inner Sea Armature. Large room right of entrance|
|Used to strike flames underground.||In Emberflint Mine, in the room full of mushrooms on the right side of the mine, there is a passageway that takes you to the top of the room, skyshard is there. passage on left|
|Listening to the Spinner's whispers.||In Mephala's Nest. Room right of entrance.|
|Found in soft dirt by daggers.||In Softloam Cavern. Bottom lava room|
|Where a fiery tide rises.||In Hightide Hollow. Room with lava, shalks, & spiders on the right.|
|Discovering a taste for madness.||In Sheogorath's Tongue. Room right of entrance.|
|Drowned in the south by a clever bird.||In Crow's Wood. Southwest of the portal after porting. Behind rocks on edge of map|
|This Online-related article is a stub. You can help by .|