ESO Server Status
The Elder Scrolls Online, commonly abbreviated as ESO, is a massively multiplayer online spin-off of the Elder Scrolls franchise. It takes place in the year 2E 582, making it the earliest-set game in the series.
With the fall of the Reman Dynasty at the end of the First Era, the Dragonfires go out without an emperor to light them. In the absence of a clear leader, three warring factions—the Aldmeri Dominion, the Daggerfall Covenant, and the Ebonheart Pact—use the opportunity to expand their territory, at the expense of their rivals and the residents of the Imperial province of Cyrodiil. The Tharn family (ancestors of the infamous Jagar Tharn) forges an alliance with Mannimarco to assist the depleted and surrounded Imperial Army by reanimating their dead. Secretly, Mannimarco betrays his Imperial allies by assisting the Daedric Prince Molag Bal in invading Tamriel in an attempt to incorporate it into his realm. The player character is one of Molag Bal's victims, who has had his or her soul stolen by the Daedric Prince.
Following a public beta, the game launched for early access in late March 2014 for PC/Mac and was originally subscription-based. It was rebranded as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited in March 2015 to coincide with a shift in payment model, moving to a buy-to-play model with DLC-based updates, an in-game cash shop, and an optional premium subscription. The game launched on Xbox One and PS4 in June 2015. Following the launch of the Gold Edition in September 2016 and the One Tamriel update in October 2016, Tamriel Unlimited was removed from the branding. ESO will be coming to Xbox Series X and PS5 on June 8, along with Update 30 and the Blackwood Chapter.
Additional general game information can be found here.
- Quests — All the quests upon which you can embark
- Chapters — Information on the larger "Chapter" content packs
- DLC — Information on available content packs
- Attributes — What are the basic stats?
- Build Editor — UESP's character build editor
- Champion — A guide to the Veteran horizontal progression system
- Character Creation — A guide to the character creation process
- Classes — Information about each of the classes
- First Time Players — A guide to help new players learn how to survive in Tamriel
- Buying Guide — Not sure which of the game's several versions to get, or how to get the DLC you're missing?
- Leveling — Understanding the character leveling system
- Races — The defining characteristics of the playable races
- Skills — And what can you do?
- Titles — Honorifics you can earn through various achievements
- Vampire — Information about vampirism and related quests
- Werewolf — Information about living as a werewolf and related quests
- Activities — Miscellaneous activities available during the game
- Combat — Information about combat in ESO
- Controls — A table of the various controls used to interact with the game, for all game platforms
- Crafting — The arts of crafting and improving equipment
- Dungeons — Information on the various dungeons in ESO
- Events — Limited-time events which have taken place in ESO
- Hints — All sorts of gameplay hints to let you play the game in a more comprehensive way
- Making Money — Some tips and tricks aimed at helping you earn a bit more gold
- Items — Where to find specific items and their related attributes
- Justice — Information about the laws of Tamriel and how to stay on the right side of the authorities
- Stealth — Information on the art of stealth and its uses
- Trials — Information on the various trials in ESO
- Veteran — Information on the content which becomes available when a player reaches Level 50
- Achievements — Awards you can receive for your efforts
- Creatures — A bestiary of all the friendly and hostile creatures found in the game
- Factions — Listing of all the guilds and factions in the game, including the factions you can join
- NPCs — Listing of all non-player characters in the game
- People — Listing of all the named people in the game
- Places — Listing of all the places found in the game
- Player Housing — Details of the player houses
- Services — A listing of all the services provided in the game
- Alliance War — Information about ESO's large-scale player-versus-player gameplay
- Battlegrounds — Information about ESO's small-scale player-versus-player gameplay
- Chat — Information about the chat window along with a list of commands and emotes
- Dueling — Information about the one-on-one player battle system
- Grouping — Information on grouping with others
- Guilds — Information about player-created guilds
- Leaderboards — Weekly high scores for certain activities
- Mail — A system that lets you send other players items and gold
- Trade — Face-to-face exchange of items and gold
Rewards and Transactions
- Crown Store — Information about the items in the in-game shop
- Daily Rewards — Items you receive when you log in each day per month
- ESO Plus — Information about the game's premium subscription service
- Loyalty Program — Information about the discontinued Loyalty Program
- Twitch — Details on integration with the Twitch video streaming service
- Megaservers — Details on ESO's megaserver technology
- Technical Support — Hardware and system software issues and their practical solutions
- Game Updates
- Patch — Official patches for ESO by Zenimax Online Studios
- Tamriel Unlimited — Details of the change in the payment model, which took place in March 2015
- One Tamriel — Details of the change to the leveling scheme and zone structure, which took place in October 2016
- Homestead — Details of the player-housing system, which was added in February 2017
- PC & Mac Versions
- PC & Mac System Requirements — Minimum and recommended system requirements for the PC and Mac versions of the game
- PC/Mac Store — Details on items and services available from the PC/Mac online store
- Steam — Information on the Steam version of the game
- Public Test Server — Information about the game's persistent testing server
- Linux — Information on running the game on Linux.
- Console Versions
- Add-ons — Information about user-made add-ons for ESO.
- ESOUI — The primary repository for ESO add-ons.
- Modding — Technical information about creating your own add-ons for ESO.
- File Formats — Information on the file formats used.
Previews and Reviews
- Beta — Information about the game's closed beta
- Concept Art — An archive of concept and rendered art created during the game's development
- Screenshots — Screenshots from the game prior to its release
- Abbreviations and Terms — Glossary of terms and acronyms encountered in ESO
- Credits — Details on exactly who did what to create the game
- Cut Content — Content that was present in the code of a live release, but isn't part of the final version
- Deprecated Content — Content that was active at one point, but has been removed from the Elder Scrolls Online
- Easter Eggs — Funny, out of place, or reference-related non-bug findings
- Game Clock — Shows the current in-game time and real time across several common time zones
- Historical References — References to people, places and events from previous Elder Scrolls games
- Loading Screens — Information that appears while the game loads
- Music — Information about ESO's soundtrack
- Trading Cards — Trading Cards you can obtain by playing the Steam version
- Wallpapers — Official wallpapers, available in various sizes
- Sigil Images — Miscellaneous images that appear above textures
- Forum Avatars — Images provided as profile pictures on the official ESO forums