Trials is a form of endgame content in Elder Scrolls Online. They are designed for groups of 12, and each has a leaderboard associated with it. Each trial has a Normal and Veteran mode, although the leaderboard and the majority of achievements are restricted to Veteran mode.
Trials also have an additional Hard Mode for certain bosses, which can be activated manually within the dungeon itself. It typically involves activating an item or an object found near the boss. Unlike Group Dungeon hard mode (which is activated by reading a scroll), Trials hard mode can be turned on and off in all trials except for those in Craglorn.
- Aetherian Archive — A tower in southeastern Craglorn near the city of Elinhir.
- Hel Ra Citadel — An ancient Yokudan fortress in southwestern Craglorn.
- Sanctum Ophidia — An ancient Nedic temple in northern Craglorn.
- Kyne's Aegis — An island bastion in the Sea of Ghosts. It is located on an island north of Solitude.
- Trials originally had a group-wide Soul Reservoir mechanic which limited the number of respawns to 36. This was replaced in Update 9 with the Vitality Bonus system, which affects the final score based on the number of remaining lives but does not force the trial to end if that limit is reached.
- The trials in Craglorn originally had no Normal mode and did not scale to the group leader. This was changed in Updates 10 and 11.