Heroes of Skyrim and ESO Plus Event — July 3, 2017
Heroes of Skyrim, the first card expansion for Legends, was released a day early on June 28. The update adds a new type of card pack, which can be opened to unlock the 154 new cards themed after The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. A random free deck is available simply for logging in, and new daily quests are available which make it easy to acquire some of the new packs. Additional decks can be bought for 500 Gold each, and a Skyrim Starter Pack discount is available for purchase.
In other news, a surprise event has been announced for ESO. The ESO Plus Bonus Event will take place from July 5 to July 9, and will award free Dwarven Crown Crates to ESO Plus subscribers for each day they log in. Non-subscribers can instead try out a free trial of ESO Plus, which includes bonus XP and gold, as well as full access to the five released DLC. This would be a good time to unlock loyalty rewards and Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood skills for those who don't own the DLC, as no rewards will be lost after the subscription lapses.
Steam Summer Sale 2017 Details— June 23, 2017
The Steam Summer Sale has begun, and with it, many deals on most of Steam's catalog are out now. Of particular note for TES fans include its Elder Scrolls Bundle, which includes all TES titles on Steam at a 49% discount. Related bundles include the Fallout Bundle at 60% off, the Bethesda Softworks Classics Superbundle for 76% off, and a 34% discount on the recently released Prey. The sale is set to run until July 5th, and the discounts are set throughout the sale.
As a reminder, the previous flash sales, which would put certain titles on an even deeper discount, is no longer a featured part of Steam Sales, so any title can be purchased at any point of the sale for the same price.
BE3 2017 Showcase — June 12, 2017
Several Elder Scrolls announcements were made at this year's Bethesda E3 Showcase:
- The next two DLCs for ESO were revealed. Horns of the Reach is a dungeon pack similar to Shadows of the Hist, and contains two new Nord-themed Group Dungeons: "Bloodroot Forge" and "Falkreath Hold". It is due for release as part of ESO's next major update, which will also include a new Battlegrounds "Chaos Ball" ruleset and "Arcane University" map for owners of ESO Morrowind. Clockwork City is a larger DLC with 10 hours of new content. First announced way back in 2014, it seems slated for release in the final quarter of 2017.
- The first card expansion for Legends was announced. Heroes of Skyrim does not come with any additional story content, but instead introduces 150 new Skyrim-themed cards and some new keywords.
- Bethesda announced the summer 2017 launch of Creation Club for Skyrim Special Edition, a successor to their failed system of paid mods that launched on Steam Workshop in 2015. Creation Club will introduce original content which is "created internally, some with external partners who have worked on our games, and some by external Creators" and is put through full QA cycles to ensure compatibility with official DLC and achievements. Each piece of content will be sold separately using a digital currency; pricing is currently unknown. The official FAQ contains more information, as well as an application form to become a Creator.
- Gameplay of Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch was shown. The Switch edition will include Amiibo support; the trailer shows a Zelda: Breath of the Wild Amiibo being used to spawn a treasure chest in-game, which contains a Link outfit, Master Sword, and Hylian Shield. This is the first time in the main Elder Scrolls series that platform-exclusive content will not be available on PC.
: Bethesda has made another Skyrim announcement at Sony's PlayStation showcase, namely Skyrim VR which will launch exclusively on PS4.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Released— June 06, 2017
Legends Released on Steam and Android Tablets — June 2, 2017
The Elder Scrolls: Legends has been released on Steam and Google Play. The Android version follows a considerably long beta to ensure it would work properly, and the Steam release follows its previous PC launch through the Bethesda.net application launcher. Additionally, alongside these releases comes the introduction of Gauntlet Mode, which introduces a new form of competitive play. Lastly, they have also launched their first version of Spectator Mode, which will allow you to watch your friends play in-game.
Oblivion Released on GOG — June 1, 2017
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has been released DRM-free for the first time on GOG. The version released is the Deluxe Edition, previously only available on Steam. The Deluxe Edition includes Shivering Isles and all nine official add-ons; notably, it includes the Fighter's Stronghold add-on, which was previously only available through Steam for the last few years. The title is currently 50% off in GOG's opening sale.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Early Access Begins— May 22, 2017
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Fifteenth Anniversary— May 01, 2017
Elder Scrolls Online Weekend Sale— April 28, 2017
Elder Scrolls Online is on sale until May 1st, at 12pm EDT in the Humble Store. The base game has been heavily discounted as part of the sale. This sale comes shortly before the upcoming chapter, Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is released on June 6th. While ESO:M is featured in the sale, it is not on discount at this time.
Elder Scrolls Legends Opening Cup Global Tournament— April 14, 2017
Elder Scrolls Legends is preparing to hold its first tournament on Electronic Sports League. The tournament is scheduled for April 15th, at 1:00 PM EDT. The prizes will consist of several months of Electronic Sports League Premium. Additionally, ten participants will be randomly awarded two booster packs for participating.
Elder Scrolls Online Free Week— April 13, 2017
A free week for Elder Scrolls Online is being held right now. The event is set to run from April 11, 10am EDT on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam (PC/Mac) and ends on April 18, 2017, at 10am EDT. Characters created during the event will be saved and can be reused if you decide to buy it afterwards.
Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates Third Anniversary— April 04, 2017
Today marks the third year since the official release of Elder Scrolls Online. With it, an in-game event is being held with Chef Donolon once more, with him providing you a cake that can boost experience gain by 100 percent for two hours. Bonus reward chests containing crafting ingredients and rare items can also be earned by completing daily and weekly quests.
The full announcement can be seen here, and the event is scheduled to run from April 4th, 2017, to April 18th, 2017, at 10:00 AM EDT.
Jester's Festival in ESO and Legends on iPad — March 23, 2017
ESO's Jester's Festival event has gone live today. Three new daily quests are available for the duration of the event, with unique holiday rewards. An XP bonus is also provided.
In other news, The Elder Scrolls: Legends has officially launched on iPad and can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
UESP Reaches 50,000 Articles — March 14, 2017
The Elder Scrolls: Legends Leaves Beta— March 09, 2017
After a lengthy beta cycle, The Elder Scrolls: Legends has officially been released on the PC. With this announcement, a timetable for Legends reaching other game platforms was also revealed:
- iPad – March 23
- Android Tablets – April
- Mac OS – May
- Mobile Phones – Early Summer
Additionally, plans for new features, such as Twitch integration and a spectator mode, were revealed. Lastly, the first story campaign was also officially announced, called The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood. The full announcement can be read here.
New ESO: Morrowind Trailer — February 24, 2017
The first gameplay trailer for The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind has been revealed. This trailer shows off many locations in the game, such as numerous dungeons, settlements such as Seyda Neen and Vivec, the new trial (Halls of Fabrication), new abilities for the Warden class, and much more. Additionally, many websites are currently reporting details and interviews about the expansion. More information, including a compilation of known knowledge, can be found on the official UESP blog.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Homestead Update Released — February 06, 2017
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Announced — January 31, 2017
The release of ESO's first expansion has been announced. Titled The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, it is set for release on June 6. The expansion comes with a new Warden class, a large Vvardenfell zone, and a Clockwork City trial. Morrowind must be purchased separately and is not included with ESO Plus, nor will it be available in the Crown Store. Physical editions and digital upgrades are available for pre-order now; a Collector's Edition is also available.
Skyrim Confirmed for the Nintendo Switch — January 13, 2017
In a presentation on January 12th, 2017, Todd Howard of Bethesda Game Studios has announced that "yes, Skyrim is coming to the Nintendo Switch". The Switch is a hybrid game console that functions as both a home console and a portable gaming device. Aside from the confirmation, no additional information was provided at this time.
In other news, ESO is currently holding a "Fatal Fredas" flash sale on certain Crown Store offerings.
Skyrim Special Edition PS4 Patch — January 07, 2017
Current Featured Article
"You have it. The Kel - the Elder Scroll. Tiid kreh... qalos. Time shudders at its touch. There is no question. You are doom-driven. Kogaan Akatosh. The very bones of the earth are at your disposal. Go then. Fulfill your destiny. Take the Scroll to the Time-Wound. Do not delay. Alduin will be coming. He cannot miss the signs." (more...)
Current Featured Image
Did you know...
- ... that the book Kyne's Challenge: A Hunter's Companion makes a reference to Skyrim's giants sending players flying into the sky?
- ... that Nirn is the name of the planet on which Tamriel, the continent that hosts most events in The Elder Scrolls games, is located?
- ... that the three Daedric runes on the cover of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind are A S V, which stand for Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec, respectively?
- ... that Dagoth Ur had apparently adopted the views and motivations of Kagrenac?
- ... that the Bosmer made a Green Pact with Y'ffre, in return for his patronage and protection, that prohibits their use of any plant matter from Valenwood?
- ... that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is the first TES game in which the player's magicka regenerates on its own?
- ... that the Empire had Tsaesci rulers for over four hundred years during the Second Era?
- ... that mazte is beer local to Morrowind, brewed from fermented saltrice?
- ... that the Ka Po' Tun are ancient enemies of the Tsaesci?
- ... that there are 61 different kinds of glyphs on the Elder Scrolls, as well as a star map of the real world southern polar region?