Shadows of the Hist Release Date — June 28, 2016
Details on the pricing and release date of ESO
's Shadows of the Hist
DLC have been revealed today. The dungeon pack will cost 1,500
for non-subscribers and will launch on August 1 for PC/Mac and August 16 for Xbox One and PS4. The DLC will be part of Update 11, which was released on the PTS
yesterday for testing.
BE3 2016 Showcase — June 13, 2016
Several Elder Scrolls announcements were made at this year's Bethesda E3 Showcase. The Elder Scrolls: Legends was announced for Mac, iPhone, Android phones and Android tablets, in addition to the original PC and iPad release. Rumors of a Skyrim remaster were confirmed when a Special Edition was announced for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Due for release on October 28, the Special Edition includes graphical updates and Bethesda.net mod support for consoles. The Special Edition will be free for PC players who own all DLC. A June 23 Japanese launch of The Elder Scrolls Online was also announced, as well as a "One Tamriel" update coming in Q3 2016. This update will remove all Alliance restrictions outside of PvP, and will scale players to the level of the content in all zones. No future DLC was announced for ESO.
In a Game Slice interview with Todd Howard, it was mentioned that Elder Scrolls VI was in the works, but that current technology is not up-to-par for development's expectations. Pete Hines later clarified that it would be "many years" until we see TES VI, as Bethesda Game Studios is currently working on two other projects.
More about the Skyrim remaster can be seen here, The Elder Scrolls: Legend opening cinematic can be seen here, and information on One Tamriel can be found here.
: Speaking to IGN
, ESO game director Matt Firor
confirmed that an Argonian Dungeon Pack DLC and a character customising "barber shop" will be released in August, while player housing has been set for a Q1 2017 release. The dungeon pack may include the datamined Ruins of Mazzatun
group dungeon, but no details have been released.
Skyrim Remaster Rumors — June 9, 2016
After several days of rumors from industry insiders, it now seems likely that Bethesda will be announcing a next-gen console remaster of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
. UK retailer Base.com has listed a Definitive Edition
for the PS4 and Xbox One, due for a November 23 regional release. Bethesda has previously confirmed that an internal Xbox One port was created during development of Fallout 4
. The remaster will supposedly be revealed on June 12 at BE3
Dark Brotherhood Released — May 31, 2016
Legends Revealed — April 21, 2016
Bethesda Softworks has broken the silence around The Elder Scrolls: Legends
with the launch of their product website
, including descriptions of the game and its features, as well as an option to sign up for the beta.
ESO Second Anniversary Event — March 30, 2016
Oblivion Turns Ten — March 20, 2016
Thieves Guild Announced — January 28, 2016
Legends Delayed — December 18, 2015
The PR silence on The Elder Scrolls: Legends
was broken today when Bethesda
's Pete Hines
confirmed via Twitter that the card game won't be released in 2015. This is the first piece of information to be released since the initial Fall 2015 release date was silently removed from the official website.
Orsinium Released — November 18, 2015
Orsinium Announced — October 5, 2015
Classic Bethesda Games Now Available via GOG.com — August 26, 2015
Imperial City on PTS — July 29, 2015
Imperial City Announced — July 15, 2015
New ESO Creative Director — June 29, 2015
Current Featured Article
Amusei is an ambitious but not overly bright Argonian thief who dreams of making it big in the Thieves Guild. His journey towards this goal will be long and troublesome, and you will have to rescue him several times all across Cyrodiil as you progress through the ranks yourself. After one final life-threatening experience in Castle Skingrad, Amusei will finally be accepted into the Guild and will end up a highly esteemed member, delivering personal messages from the Gray Fox himself. (more...)
Current Featured Image
Did you know...
- ... that Malacath was supposedly created when Boethiah ate the Altmeri ancestor spirit Trinimac?
- ... that Mehrunes Dagon is said to have been created in the bowels of Lyg by the Magna Ge?
- ... that Meridia is believed to have originally been a Magna Ge, going by the name of Merid-Nunda?
- ... that the Ayleid language frequently uses compound words?
- ... that the lorebook Those Who Stood At Chalman Keep is based on a battle from the ESO beta, where the game's first Emperor was crowned?
- ... that dragons are sacred to the Empire, and have aided them in ancient wars?
- ... that there are 61 different kinds of glyphs on the Elder Scrolls, as well as a star map of the real world southern polar region?
- ... that over 1,000 Non-Player Characters are defined in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim?
- ... that Nirn's two moons, Masser and Secunda, vanished from 4E 98 until 4E 100, an event that is now called the Void Nights?
- ... that the three Daedric runes on the cover of Morrowind are A S V, which stand for Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec, respectively?