Lore: Reman Dynasty
The Reman Dynasty was founded by Reman Cyrodiil after he defeated the Akaviri invasion of Tamriel at the battle of Pale Pass in 1E 2703. Until that point, Tamriel had been divided into several small kingdoms, but once Reman had brought the armies of Colovia and the Nibenay Valley together to defeat the invasion, he was able to unite all of Tamriel's human inhabitants in the face of possible aggression from the Altmer.
Although the Battle of Pale Pass established Reman as the leading power in Tamriel, many parts of the continent refused to acknowledge his rule. Valenwood was not subdued until 1E 2714. In 1E 2811, Cyrodilic forces defeated the last organized army of Argonians at the Battle of Argonia, and the following year saw Argonia admitted to the Empire as a province under the name "Black Marsh". The rest of the province was conquered piecemeal, with the whole area passing under Imperial control in 1E 2837.
The last war of conquest began in around 1E 2840 when Reman II began an attempt to bring Morrowind, the only province outside Imperial control, into the empire. Progress was slow, and the three living gods of Morrowind's Tribunal, Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil proved to be extremely capable leaders. By 1E 2920, both sides were approaching exhaustion and after the Empire captured the fortress of Ald Marak, a truce was agreed to bring an end to the war.
In the aftermath of the battle, both Reman III and his heir, Prince Juilek, were assassinated on the orders of Potentate Versidue-Shaie, bringing an end to the Reman Dynasty and instigating the period of the Second Empire known as the Akaviri Potentate. Reman I, II and III were entombed in a chamber deep within Sancre Tor, along with two other unknown emperors.[nb 1]
|Name||Born||Race||Crowned||Died, Deposed, Abdicated,
or Office Abolished
|Second Empire — Reman Dynasty|
|Reman I||1E ?[nb 2]||1E 2703||1E 2762||Founded the Second Empire and Reman Dynasty. He never took the title of Emperor in his lifetime.|
|Kastav||1E ?||1E 2762[nb 3]||1E 2804 (deposed),|
|Reman II||1E 2794||1E 2804 (deposition of Kastav),||1E 2843|
|Brazollus Dor[nb 5]||1E ?||1E 2843||1E 2877|
|Reman III||1E ?||Imperial[nb 6]||1E 2877||1E 2920||Assassinated by the Morag Tong.|
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Cyrodiil — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The Wilds Remain: Valenwood — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The War with the Trees: Argonia and the Black Marsh — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: The Wild Regions — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- 2920, The Last Year of the First Era — Carlovac Townway
- Events of Oblivion.
- Tomb in Sancre Tor: "Here lies Reman of Cyrodiil. He defeated the Akaviri Horde and brought peace to Tamriel. 2762."
- The Book of the Dragonborn — Prior Emelene Madrine
- Annals of the Dragonguard — Brother Annulus
- Tomb in Sancre Tor: "Here lies Reman II of Cyrodiil, crowned Emperor of Tamriel in the year 2812. He fell in battle against the Dark Elves, in the fifty-seventh year of his age, after a reign of thirty-nine years and eight months wanting a day."
- Reman II: The Limits of Ambition — High King Emeric
- High King Emeric Answers Your Questions — High King Emeric
- Tomb in Sancre Tor: "Here lies Reman III, last Emperor of the Cyrodiils, the scourge of the Dark Elves, who was cruelly slain by treachery, in the year 2920. He reigned forty-three years."
- The Brothers of Darkness — Pellarne Assi
- The only known emperors under this dynasty (other than Reman I, II and III) were Brazollus Dor and Kastav, which implies they are the two other emperors entombed with Reman.
- The Remanada contains an allegorical story of Reman emerging from Sancre Tor as a child, but the veracity of this source is unknown.
- Reman I died in 1E 2762 and it is reasonable to assume that his successor was crowned almost immediately afterwards.
- The exact year of Kastav's death and the ascension of his successor, Reman II, is not specified by Annals of the Dragonguard. Sky Haven Temple was cut off from contact with Kastav in 1E 2804 and under siege during 1E 2805 and 1E 2806, so no news of the outside world reached the members of the Dragonguard stationed there. Only after the siege was lifted did they become aware of Reman II's ascension. However, given his 39 years of rule mentioned on his epitaph and his death in 1E 2843 according to Reman II: The Limits of Ambition, Reman II likely deposed Kastav in 1E 2804. Reman II was probably only officially crowned after Kastav's death in 1E 2812.
- Brazollus Dor was placed between Reman II and Reman III by High King Emeric in High King Emeric Answers Your Questions. Despite being ruler, nearly all issues of policy and politics were delegated to his Potentate, Sidri-Ashak.
- His race is never stated, however his son Juilek is revered to as a "Cyrodiil" in 2920, The Last Year of the First Era