Quests are sorted by where they are assigned or by which faction assigns them. Every zone has a main storyline running through it, as well as dozens of smaller side quests. You can only have 25 quests active at any one time.
Quests by Type
- Main Quest — Walkthrough for all parts of the game's main quest
- Cadwell's Almanac — The quests required for completion of the Veteran Alliance zones
- Aldmeri Dominion — All storyline quests for the Aldmeri Dominion
- Daggerfall Covenant — All storyline quests for the Daggerfall Covenant
- Ebonheart Pact — All storyline quests for the Ebonheart Pact
- Alliance War — All PvP quests for the alliances in Cyrodiil
- Dark Brotherhood — All quests for the Dark Brotherhood
- Fighters Guild — All quests for the Fighters Guild
- Mages Guild — All quests for the Mages Guild
- Thieves Guild — All quests for the Thieves Guild
- Undaunted — All quests for the Undaunted
- Story Quests — Quests that form the main storyline of a zone
- Side Quests — Smaller quests that occur throughout a zone
- Miscellaneous Quests — All quests that are not related to any specific faction or location
- World Events — Scripted events that occur throughout the world which are not documented in the Journal
Quests by Location
- Khenarthi's Roost — All quests on Khenarthi's Roost
- Auridon — All quests on Auridon
- Grahtwood — All quests in Grahtwood
- Greenshade — All quests in Greenshade
- Malabal Tor — All quests in Malabal Tor
- Reaper's March — All quests in Reaper's March
- Stros M'Kai — All quests on Stros M'Kai
- Betnikh — All quests on Betnikh
- Glenumbra — All quests in Glenumbra
- Stormhaven — All quests in Stormhaven
- Rivenspire — All quests in Rivenspire
- Alik'r Desert — All quests in the Alik'r Desert
- Bangkorai — All quests in Bangkorai
- Bleakrock Isle — All quests on Bleakrock Isle
- Bal Foyen — All quests in Bal Foyen
- Stonefalls — All quests in Stonefalls
- Deshaan — All quests in Deshaan
- Shadowfen — All quests in Shadowfen
- Eastmarch — All quests in Eastmarch
- The Rift — All quests in The Rift
- Coldharbour — All quests in Coldharbour
- Craglorn — All quests in Craglorn
- Cyrodiil — All PvE quests in Cyrodiil
- Gold Coast — All quests in the Gold Coast
- Hew's Bane — All quests in Hew's Bane
- Imperial City — All quests in the Imperial City
- Wrothgar — All quests in Wrothgar
- All Quests — An alphabetical list of all the quests in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Repeatable Quests — Quests which can be completed more than once
- Pacifist Quests — Quests that don't involve combat
- Skill Point Quests — An alphabetical list of quests which reward a skill point
Occasionally, a quest may become bugged in such a way that it is no longer possible to complete it. Such issues may include a quest step not advancing properly, an NPC not appearing at the right time, or certain items becoming unresponsive when activated. This is likely not related to any quest in particular, but may occur at random due to a glitch in the transfer of data between the server and the client. If such an issue occurs, there are a number of options you can try to attempt to fix it:
- Type /reloadui in the chat box. This will refresh the area. (PC Only)
- Log out, then completely exit and restart the game. It may take a minute, but it is still easier than having to abandon a quest.
- Abandon the quest. This should remove the quest from your Journal and restore the quest giver in their initial state, allowing you to start again.
- Abandon the quest, and log off for 15 minutes. After about fifteen minutes of being logged off, most quest systems and locations within the game undergo a "soft reset", which may cause missing NPCs or interactables to be restored.
- Wait for a server reset. Every time Zenimax performs maintenance, the servers are reset. This should fix most outstanding quest issues that are not fixed after the fifteen-minute soft reset. Note that such fixes are not recorded in maintenance patch notes.
If the issue occurs within a Main Quest, these cannot be abandoned. Instead, backtrack through the location to the entrance, and return to the Harborage. Exit the Harborage and then log off. Main Quest sections are also reset after about fifteen minutes.
Note also that any instanced location will automatically reset and kick you out after about fifteen minutes if you log off while inside one.