- The Gold Coast always served as the Empire of Cyrodiil's gateway to the Abecean Sea—but with the Empire in eclipse, the region has gone its own way.
The Gold Coast is a region situated in western Colovia, between Hammerfell and Malabal Tor. During Varen's Rebellion, a rough stone wall was built along the region's border with the Colovian Highlands to protect the cities of Kvatch and Anvil from retaliation by the Longhouse Emperors. The wall has since played a major part in keeping the region protected from the fallout of the Alliance War which is raging across the rest of Cyrodiil.
The Gold Coast is a DLC zone added by the Dark Brotherhood DLC. The zone also contains an entrance to the Depths of Malatar and Black Drake Villa group dungeons, but the respective Wrathstone and Flames of Ambition DLCs are needed in order to access them.
Points of Interest
For a list of places that are unmarked and cannot be accessed through normal means, see Out-of-Bounds Locations in the Gold Coast.
For Dark Brotherhood faction quests, please see Dark Brotherhood Quests.
Gold Coast Connections
For more information on these quests, see this page.
|On a lonely isle staring out across the Abecean.
||On a small island west of Anvil.
|Proudly displayed near the caretaker's home.
||West-southwest of the Colovian Revolt Forge Yard.
|Nestled in the arm of the eastern watchtower.
||Southeast of Kvatch, in the ruins of a tower.
||This one is usually guarded by a Minotaur.
|Pulled from the ground in a strange harvest
||East of the Enclave of the Hourglass, in a farm infested with thunderbugs.
||There are usually a few Thunderbugs around this one.
|Hidden away where only spelunkers will find it.
||Inside Hrota Cave, in the northeast corner.
|A treasure of the Gold Coast, kept in a stolen vault.
||Inside Garlas Agea, in the large eastern room.
- The Gold Coast previously appeared in Oblivion.
- Nodes in the zone have a chance of containing a Grain of Pearl Sand, while minotaurs killed in the region may drop Oxblood Fungus Spores.
- This zone is called "The Gold Coast" in your journal.
- At Varen's Wall Gatehouse is a permanently closed gate leading to "The Colovian Estates" - an area that does not exist as a playable location in the game. It is situated between the Gold Coast, the western edge of Cyrodiil, the northern edge of the Aldmeri Dominion's two northernmost provinces (Malabal Tor and Reapers March). It also borders the southern side of Craglorn and the also-unused expanse of southern Hammerfell, which is located south of Bangkorai and the Alik'r Desert.
- Each image is relevant to its location, and each number corresponds to the key on the right.
Trumbe as seen out of bounds beyond Varen's Wall
Fort Sutch as seen out of bounds beyond Varen's Wall