- During the early days of Ra Gada, Prince Hubalajad claimed this Hammerfell peninsula for his own. When all his ambitious endeavors ended in failure, the region acquired the nickname Hews' Bane—and it stuck.
Hew's Bane, originally known as Khefrem's Boot, is a peninsula in southern Khefrem on the south coast of Hammerfell. The region is named after Prince Hubalajad, or "Prince Hew", who attempted to bring civilization to this corner of Hammerfell in the early days of the Ra Gada. He discovered a barren peninsula hostile to most life; scorching heat and seasonal flooding led to brackish water and ground which was unsuitable for crops. Despite his best efforts, Prince Hew was foiled at every turn, and nearly all his endeavors resulted in failure.
- Abah's Landing — A major settlement on the east coast of Hew's Bane.
- Bahraha's Gloom — A delve west of Abah's Landing.
- Shark's Teeth Grotto — A delve found on the southern coast of Hew's Bane.
- Ko Estaran — A sinking Yokudan ruin located southwest of Abah's Landing.
- Thrall Cove — A landing on the western coast of Hew's Bane.
Points of Interest
- Forebear's Junction — A crafting site southwest of Ko Estaran.
- Hubalajad's Reflection — A giant statue of Prince Hubalajad located southeast of Abah's Landing.
- The Lost Pavilion — A crafting site west of Abah's Landing.
- No Shira Workshop — A crafting site inside No Shira Citadel.
- Placations of Zeht — Ancient Yokudan ruins southwest of Abah's Landing.
- Prince Hew's Shuttered Tomb — A giant rock formation southwest of Abah's Landing.
- Tava's Beak — A big rock on the southern coast of Hew's Bane.
- Abah's Landing Wayshrine — Located outside Abah's Landing.
- No Shira Citadel Wayshrine — Located outside No Shira Citadel.
- Zeht's Displeasure Wayshrine — Located in central Hew's Bane.
- Desert Retreat — A Yokudan ruin in western Hew's Bane.
- Prince's Gate — A gate found guarding the northwestern road into Hew's Bane.
- The Dark Moon's Jaws: Venture into the Maw of Lorkhaj.
- A Secret Shame: Restore the great seal in Bahraha's Gloom.
- The Shark's Teeth: Show the Wake Walkers who is really in control of Shark's Teeth Grotto.
|The bank's finest treasure.||On top level of the Bank of Abah's Landing building, accessible through the chironasium.|
|Near what is now Lost.||Southeast of The Lost Pavilion, in a niche with scorpions nearby.|
|On the shoulder of the arch.||Southeast of Forebear's Junction, on top of rocks, not too far off the road.|
|Overlooking the home of the Deep.||On rocks overlooking Ko Estaran from the northeast.|
|Necromancer's passage to the rafters.||Inside Bahraha's Gloom, on the upper level of the dungeon, accessible from the final room.|
|Highest point in the Grotto.||Inside Shark's Teeth Grotto: on Plank Hill, on the upper level.|
- Entering Abah's Landing for the first time will unlock the Thieves Guild skill line.
- As of Update 10, the service icons in Abah's Landing also appear on the zone map.