- This region is the southern heart of the Wood Elves' great forest, and home to more of the gigantic graht-oaks than any other part of Valenwood. Its capital, now also the capital of the entire Aldmeri Dominion, is Elden Root.
Grahtwood is a large region deep in the jungles of Valenwood, and the location of the Aldmeri Dominion's capital, Elden Root. An area in Grahtwood was devastated by Molag Bal long ago, and it remains there to this day.
- Elden Root — A city in eastern-central Valenwood, in the Grahtwood region, and the capital city of the Aldmeri Dominion.
- Brackenleaf — A grove in southeastern Grahtwood, north of Haven.
- Cormount — A town in northern Grahtwood, north of Elden Root.
- Gil-Var-Delle — A giant ruined tree in western Grahtwood, west of Elden Root.
- The Gray Mire — A community of Argonian refugees in southern Grahtwood, just east of Southpoint.
- Haven — A port city in southeastern Grahtwood.
- Karthdar — A small settlement in northeastern Grahtwood, southeast of Cormount.
- Redfur Trading Post — A town in northwestern Grahtwood.
- Reman's Bluff — A rocky escarpment located southwest of Redfur Trading Post in northwestern Grahtwood.
- Southpoint — A city in southwestern Grahtwood.
Caves, Ruins and Mines
- Cave of Broken Sails — A cave in southern Grahtwood, west of Haven.
- Falinesti Winter Site — The winter location of Falinesti, in central Grahtwood, just west of Elden Root.
- Goldfolly — A ruin in northwestern Grahtwood, south of the Redfur Trading Post.
- Laeloria — An Ayleid ruin in central Grahtwood, north of Elden Root.
- Ossuary of Telacar — A graveyard in eastern Grahtwood, east of Elden Root.
- Reliquary of Stars — An Ayleid ruin in northern Grahtwood, west of Cormount.
Battlefields, Cemeteries and Crypts
- Burroot Kwama Mine — A kwama mine located just west of Elden Root.
- Elden Hollow — A group dungeon found under Elden Root in central Grahtwood.
- Mobar Mine — A mine just south of Elden Root in Grahtwood.
- Ne Salas — An Ayleid ruin south of Elden Root and west of Haven.
- Root Sunder Ruins — A set of Ayleid ruins between Elden Root and Haven in Grahtwood.
- The Scuttle Pit — A cave in eastern Grahtwood, north of Haven and east of Elden Root.
- Vinedeath Cave — A cave in northeastern Grahtwood, east of Elden Root.
- Wormroot Depths — An Ayleid ruin in the northwest corner of Grahtwood.
- Hircine's Henge — A small camp in central Grahtwood, southwest of Elden Root.
- Lady Solace's Fen — A small swamp in central Grahtwood, just east of Elden Root.
- Nindaeril's Perch — A small cove on the western shore of Grahtwood, north of Southpoint.
- Poacher Camp — A small camp in northern Grahtwood, between Elden Root and Redfur Trading Post.
- Thugrub's Cave — A small cave in northern Grahtwood, northwest of Redfur Trading Post.
- Valanir's Rest — A small graveyard in central Grahtwood, west of Elden Root and east of Gil-Var-Delle.
- Green Hall Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northeast of Elden Root in eastern Grahtwood.
- Long Coast Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point west of Haven in southern Grahtwood.
- Tarlain Heights Dolmen — A Dark Anchor spawn point northwest of Elden Root in northwestern Grahtwood.
- The Lord — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, and Deshaan.
- The Mage — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan, and Cyrodiil.
- The Tower — A Mundus Stone found in Grahtwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan, and Cyrodiil.
Points of Interest
- Battle of Cormount Memorial — A monument west of Cormount in northern Grahtwood.
- Boar's Run Overlook — A hill southeast of Karthdar in eastern Grahtwood.
- Faltonia's Mine — An abandoned mine south of Redfur Trading Post in northwestern Grahtwood.
- Fisherman's Isle — An island in southeast Grahtwood, east of Haven.
- Forked Root Camp — A small hag dwelling north of Elden Root in central Grahtwood.
- Sacred Leap Grotto — A cave north of Haven in eastern Grahtwood.
- Sweetbreeze Cottage — A house in southern Grahtwood, south of Elden Root.
- Tarlain Bandit Camp — A camp in western Grahtwood, north of Gil-Var-Delle.
- Temple of the Eight — An old temple in central Grahtwood, northwest of Elden Root.
- Vineshade Lodge — A building in southeast Grahtwood, northwest of Haven.
- The Gorinir Estate — A large player house in northeastern Grahtwood.
- Grand Topal Hideaway — A player house reachable by boat from Fisherman's Isle.
- Snugpod — A small player house in southern Elden Root.
- Cormount Wayshrine — Located just southwest of Cormount.
- Elden Root Temple Wayshrine — Located at the Elden Root Temple, on an island in the lake northeast of Elden Root.
- Elden Root Wayshrine — Located in the center of the lowest level of Elden Root.
- Falinesti Winter Wayshrine — Located south of the Falinesti Winter Site.
- Gil-Var-Delle Wayshrine — Located a ways north of Gil-Var-Delle.
- Gray Mire Wayshrine — Located northeast of The Gray Mire.
- Haven Wayshrine — Located in northeastern Haven.
- Ossuary Wayshrine — Located south of the Ossuary of Telacar.
- Redfur Trading Post Wayshrine — Located across the road southwest of the Redfur Trading Post.
- Southpoint Wayshrine — Located east of Southpoint.
- The Aquifer — The Imperial sewer system of the port of Haven.
- The Middens — A cave system under the roots of the Elden tree.
- Old Creepy Cave — A cave in southern Grahtwood, north of Haven and just east of Vineshade Lodge.
- The Orrery — An ancient Ayleid ruin in the city of Elden Root.
- Sarandel's Carnival — A roadside carnival hailing from Auridon and ran by Sarandel.
- Volunidai's Manor — An estate located in southeastern Grahtwood, northeast of Haven.
|Grahtwood||The Great Tree|
|Unsafe Haven||Trouble at the Tree|
|The Honor of the Queen|
|Fit to Rule||The Grip of Madness||Lost in Study||Heart of the Matter||A Lasting Winter|
|The Orrery of Elden Root|
||Denotes a requisite path or quest. You must complete this before starting the subsequent quest.|
||Denotes an optional path or quest. The subsequent story quest can be started without this being completed.|
||Denotes an exclusive path or quest. Only one of the connected quests is required, and only one can be completed.|
||Denotes a quest which is part of the main story chain.|
||Denotes a story quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a story pointer which is part of the main chain.|
||Denotes a story pointer which is on an alternate path.|
||Denotes a side quest which is required for Cadwell's Almanac.|
||Denotes a quest which rewards a Skill Point.|
Aldmeri Dominion Story Quests
- The Great Tree: Head to the Aldmeri Dominion's capital at the request of the queen.
- Unsafe Haven: Reclaim Haven from pirates.
- The Honor of the Queen: Discover why the Khajiiti Embassy project has been stalled.
- Fit to Rule: Restore the Orrery for the ratification ceremony to take place.
- The Grip of Madness: Discover why a town's citizens are killing each other.
- Lost in Study: Discover why the artifacts in the Reliquary of Stars have recently become active.
- Heart of the Matter: Recover the Heart of Anumaril.
- A Lasting Winter: Recover Rajhin's Mantle before the Jade General finds it.
- The Orrery of Elden Root: Attend Queen Ayrenn's ratification.
- Alternate Story Pointers
- Trouble at the Tree: Please add a description for this quest
Long Coast Side Quests
- Bosmer Insight: Go on a spirit journey and learn the ways of the forest.
- Brackenleaf's Briars: Join the ranks of Brackenleaf's Briars.
- Carnival Conundrum: Help a carnival get back to business.
- Forever Bound: Free an Imperial spirit from his own binding ritual.
- Forgotten Soul: Rescue a stranded researcher from deep within an ancient ruin.
- If the Dead Could Talk: Recover the journals of a research team from an overgrown ruin.
- Keeper of Bones: Help an exiled skeleton save his friends.
- A Little on the Side: Recover the goods needed for the inn's "side business".
- Lost Treasures: Find the inn workers who are lost in the marsh.
- Luck of the Albatross: Help an Altmer captain overcome a mutiny.
- Passage Denied: Deactivate the Covenant portal in the depths of an old ruin.
- Scars Never Fade: Investigate the Argonian refugees in the Gray Mire.
- A Silken Garb: Rescue a Bosmer from a spider pit.
- The Wandering Minstrel: Help find a lost minstrel.
Green Hall Side Quests
- The Blacksap's Hold: Suppress the Blacksap Rebellion.
- Eyes of Azura: Rescue a priestess from the hands of Molag Bal.
- Forbidden Love: Piece together an ancient love letter.
- Pact Advocate: Restore the Green Pact in Karthdar.
- Phantom Guilt: Discover the source of a cursed amulet.
- Rare Imports: Find and deliver a delayed cargo shipment.
- Storgh's Bow: Find a bow stolen by a false friend.
- The Unquiet Dead: Free the Mages Guild acolytes trapped in the Ossuary of Telacar.
- Until Death: Help find a woman's missing husband and their dog.
- Wanted: Sgolag: Collect on the bounty of Sgolag.
Tarlain Heights Side Quests
- Ancient Stones, Ancient Words: Recover fragments of an ancient Ayleidoon tablet.
- Blood Hunt: Clear out the vampires in Goldfolly.
- Caring for Kwama: Recover a kwama researcher's lost research.
- A Chief Concern: Deal with the leader of the bandits attacking Barkbite.
- Enemies at the Gate: Help the Barkbite Wood Orcs with their "curse" and bandit problems.
- The Enemy Within: Find the culprit behind the Barkbite "curse".
- Flipping the Coin: Join a group of thieves and steal a legendary treasure.
- The Innkeeper's Daughter: Help an innkeeper find his kidnapped daughter.
- Light in the Darkness: Help an old scholar research an Ayleid well.
- A Lucrative Scheme: Expose the schemes of a Tarlain bandit.
- The Wakening Dark: Rid Gil-Var-Delle of the God of Schemes' influence.
- The Wounded Wood: Help heal the scarred ruins of Gil-Var-Delle.
- Ancient Remains: Investigate Wood Orc activity in the ruins beneath Elden Root.
- Consuming Darkness: Delve into Oblivion and save Bakkhara.
Elden Hollow Pledge: Explore Elden Hollow and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
Veteran Elden Hollow Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Veteran Elden Hollow.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
|Granted safe haven by the mages.||In Haven, on the ground on the western side of the Mages Guild hall.|
|The shrine of the south leads north.||Between Southpoint and the Bone Orchard.|
|Cooling off on the way to the Tower.||By a pond northwest of the Tower Stone.|
|Where the road to the root is an isle.||On a small island east of Elden Root, near an Ayleid ruin overgrown with vines.|
|Atop falls that feed the temple.||South-southeast of Karthdar, on top of the eastern waterfall.|
|Spotted from a treehouse vantage.||Southwest of Karthdar, west of a treehouse, under the root/road.|
|A doorway to trolls near Redfur.||Southwest of Redfur Trading Post Wayshrine.|
|Among ancient words in the stones.||On an island west of the Lord Stone.|
|Above a seasonal site of return.||East of Falinesti Winter Site, In the ruins.|
|Where Covenant forces pour forth.||In Ne Salas top small room.|
|A scrabbling, a skittering, a scurrying.||In The Scuttle Pit halfway in on the left wall.|
|Six-legged thunder invades.||In Burroot Kwama Mine Room almost at the end.|
|Not yet dead on the vine.||In Vinedeath Cave main room left side.|
|Stolen starlight in wormy depths.||In Wormroot Depths, main room south of entrance.|
|Mined by the bandits of Mobar.||In Mobar Mine, main room.|
|Crocs claimed a meal in the sunder.||In Root Sunder Ruins room left of the main hall lots of crocs.|
|Set Name||Bonuses||Armor Weight|
2 items: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
2 items: Adds 1-129 Stamina Recovery
2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
|Light Speaker||Elden Hollow||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
|Elden Hollow||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
|Elden Hollow||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
|Elden Hollow I||Monster Helm Sets|
1 item: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
|Elden Hollow II||Monster Helm Sets|
|Set Name||Traits Needed||Bonuses||Crafting Sites|
|Armor of the Seducer||3|| Temple of the Eight in Grahtwood
Fisherman's Island in Stormhaven
Berezan's Mine in Deshaan
|Torug's Pact||3|| Fisherman's Isle in Grahtwood
Hammerdeath Workshop in Stormhaven
Lake Hlaalu Retreat in Deshaan
|Twilight's Embrace||3|| Vineshade Lodge in Grahtwood
Windridge Warehouse in Stormhaven
Avayan's Farm in Deshaan
|This Online-related article is a stub. You can help by .|