Online:Elden Hollow I
|# of Zones||1|
|Green Hall, Grahtwood|
|Beneath Elden Root|
|Veteran Speed Run Target||20 mins|
When the Daedra-worshiping Ayleids were driven from Cyrodiil after Alessia's Slave Rebellion, many of the Wild Elf clans took refuge in Valenwood. One of the foremost of those clans was granted the right to excavate dwelling-halls under Elden Root itself.
In this version, the Mages Guild are looking into reports of a strange ritual happening within Elden Hollow and need protection from hostile Wood Orcs of the Darkfern Clan.
- Elden Hollow Objective: Explore Elden Hollow. / You braved the dangers of the Elden Hollow.
- Pledge: Elden Hollow I: Explore Elden Hollow I and return Undaunted.
Elden Hollow Pledge: Explore Elden Hollow and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Justiciar Elanar
- Thalmor Justiciars and Adepts
- Darkfern Archers, Diggers, Flamerenders, Healers, Maulers, Skeletons and Stalkers
- Stranglers and Strangler Saplings
- Akash gra-Mal, a Darkfen Orc warrior
- Chokethorn, a giant strangler
- Canonreeve Oraneth, a Thalmor official attempting a Daedric summoning ritual
When you arrive, you'll find yourself in a flooded chamber. Justiciar Elanar is guarding the tunnel leading further into the Hollow alongside two Thalmor Adepts and three Thalmor Justiciars. Two copies of a letter are located on large bricks near the mouth of the tunnel. You'll need to fall down a waterfall to progress. A chest can spawn at the base of the falls.
The first group of enemies consists of one Justiciar, two Darkfern Diggers, one healer and two maulers. A Note from Akash is located atop a crate on the east side of this first room. A chest can spawn next to the crate.
There are more diggers in the next room. The first strangler is located along the wall on the left-hand side. There is a Darkfern Archer on the eastern scaffolding, and a Thalmor Justiciar patrolling the room. A heavy sack can spawn on the western corner on the southern end of the raised platform. Another Justiciar and an archer are standing on the southern scaffolding. There are three diggers and two healers in the north half of this room. Another strangler lies to the south, beneath the scaffolding. Two diggers are also working beneath the scaffolding. In the hallway leading to the next area, you'll find several Darkfern Maulers, a healer and an archer.
A large group of Darkfern Orcs and a few Thalmor agents are in the large room beyond. Another copy of the Note from Akash is located atop a crate on the north side of this room. The door to the next half of the dungeon opens after Akash gra-Mal is defeated. A fully functional blacksmithing station is located near the flaming bone altar Akash is guarding. A Letter to Akash is sitting on top of a bench next to that blacksmithing station. A copy of the lore book, Civility and Etiquette: Wood Orcs I, is located atop a large stone in front of the burning altar.
If you head south from Akash's room, you'll enter a short corridor with spriggans in it. The Ancient Spriggan, mini boss, resides here. Heading north brings you into a corridor filled with Orcs, which you need to pass through in order to progress. This passage opens up to a bridge above the lower section of the dungeon, which leads down into a tunnel with several alits and stranglers in it. You can jump down from the bridge to skip Chokethorn, though this isn't advised if you're running Elden Hollow I for a daily pledge.
The next boss is Chokethorn, a giant strangler located in a partially flooded chamber. The tunnel beyond leads to another large chamber. A book titled Savior of the Altmer, Part 1 is sitting on top of a large, partially broken crate to the left as you exit the tunnel. Savior of the Altmer, Part 2 is located a little further out from the tunnel, atop a crate to the right, closer to the flaming altar. A chest can spawn in the northwest corner of this room, near Nenesh gro-Mal. The bone altar in this room is alight with blue fire. A scroll titled The Realm of Shadows is sat upon the altar. A heavy sack and a chest can spawn near it. When you clear a path to the bone altar, the mages appear to destroy it. The tunnels leading west and north out of this chamber both lead you to Canonreeve Oraneth's dwelling. A heavy sack can spawn to the right of the western tunnel. Savior of the Altmer, Part 3 is located on top of a crate to the left of the northern tunnel. A heavy sack can spawn next to this crate, and a chest can spawn to the right of the northern tunnel.
A giant alit mini boss named Leafseether resides within the northern tunnel. Canonreeve Oraneth lies in the next room, and must be defeated in order to clear the dungeon. When the canonreeve dies, the mages enter the room. On Veteran, the Scroll of Glorious Battle is located just to the right of the door as you enter. If you go behind the dark rift Oraneth has opened up and peer beyond the vines, you'll see a massive Daedric creature pacing beyond.
- Civility and Etiquette: Wood Orcs I byCoristir, Sage Sojourner — An Altmer guidebook outlining the correct social protocols when dealing with the Wood Orcs
- Letter to Akash — A letter from Canonreeve Oraneth to Akash gra-Mal
- Mages Guild Authorization
- Note from Akash byAkash gra-Mal
- Savior of the Altmer, Part 1 by Canonreeve Oraneth — A Canonreeve's justifies her actions in service to ending the Three Banners War
- Savior of the Altmer, Part 2 by Canonreeve Oraneth — A Canonreeve's justifies her actions in service to ending the Three Banners War
- Savior of the Altmer, Part 3 by Canonreeve Oraneth — A Canonreeve's justifies her actions in service to ending the Three Banners War
- The Realm of Shadows
- Time is of the Essence
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 15-657 Critical Chance
|Elden Hollow||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 28-1206 Maximum Health
|Elden Hollow||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 28-1206 Maximum Health
|Elden Hollow||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 3-129 Magicka Recovery
|Elden Hollow I||Monster Helm Sets|
There are seven Achievements associated with this dungeon:
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal Elden Hollow was designed for levels 20–23, and Veteran Elden Hollow was designed for Veteran Ranks 6–10.
- Prior to Update 12, Elden Hollow I was only available in Normal mode, and Elden Hollow II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named Elden Hollow and Veteran Elden Hollow respectively.
- Several books can be found inside the dungeon, mostly featuring the thoughts of Canonreeve Oraneth or the communication between Oraneth and Darkfern Orcs: Letter to Akash, Note from Akash, Savior of the Altmer, and Time is of the Essence.