Magicka is the magical energy that is used to cast spells. It is equivalent to the magic points (MP or mana) used by other RPGs.
The amount of magicka you have depends on your character's level. Each time you level up, you can choose to add ten points to your magicka, or to another attribute. You can also enchant your gear with a Fortify Magicka enchantment, which will increase your total magicka while wearing that gear.
Your available magicka is decreased each time you cast a spell. The blue bar in the bottom left of the screen shows you the current status of your magicka (although this bar will be invisible when magicka is full). There are a number of ways to restore magicka:
- Magicka slowly regenerates over time. You regenerate faster outside of combat and than inside of combat.
- Your magicka regeneration rate can be increased by Regenerate Magicka effects, including potions and enchanted items.
- Magicka will not regenerate while you are casting a spell.
- Restore Magicka effects are available in various forms:
- Whenever your character levels up, your magicka is fully restored