Online:Fungal Grotto II
|# of Zones||1|
|Veteran Speed Run Target||20 mins|
These extensive caverns in the volcanic rock beneath Stonefalls were once used for unknown purposes by the ancient Chimer, but were abandoned by the Elves long ago. Now they are the haunt of Goblins and other denizens of the underworld.
The storyline continues from the events of Fungal Grotto I. In this version, Defender Two-Blades needs you to defeat the Spider Cultists who have taken control of a dangerous artifact called the Obsidian Husk.
- Fungal Grotto Objective: Explore the Fungal Grotto. / You braved the dangers of Fungal Grotto.
- Pledge: Fungal Grotto II: Explore Fungal Grotto II and return Undaunted.
Veteran Fungal Grotto Pledge: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Veteran Fungal Grotto.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Cult Spinner
- Obsidian Aspect
- Obsidian Warrior
- Shadow Tormentor
- Spider Cult Healer
- Spider Cult Initiate
- Spider Cult Pyromancer
- Spider Cult Savage
- Spider Cult Sentinel
- Mephala's Fang, a giant spider
- Ciirenas the Shepherd, a cultist and her Spider Flock
- Reggr Dark-Dawn, Vila Theran's bodyguard
- Gamyne Bandu, a Dunmer assassin
- Spawn of Mephala, a Spider Daedra sent by Mephala to stop you
- Vila Theran, the leader of the Spider Cult
Ciirenas the Shepherd
The primary mechanic in this battle surrounds her three spider pets. Each spider, while alive, keeps her damage reduction at normal levels. If a spider is killed during the fight her damage reduction increases. If all three spiders are killed, Ciirenas becomes extremely resilient to all forms of attack. So as not to prolong the fight, it's advisable to keep the spiders alive as long as possible.
The core mechanic of this fight is Gamyne's Shadow Execution ability which can occur multiple times during the battle. A member of the group will be targeted by four shadow warriors and pinned to the ground. An ethereal sword appears above the player's head and slowly descends. This attack cannot be avoided, and players cannot break free from it. To escape, the other members only need to kill one of the Shadow Tormentors in order to free the player. If the players fail to free the trapped group member in time, the sword will impale that player resulting in an instant death.
Also of note is Gamyne's Chains of Misery ability. This magical blue beam tethers two players to each other and inflicts high magical damage over time. To break the beam, the two players must move away from each other until the beam breaks.
Spawn of Mephala
The most notable mechanic in this fight is the portal at the back of the arena which can ensnare the closest player to it and transport them to a shadowy cave full of spiders. To escape the cave, the player much kill all the spiders after which they will be transported back to the arena. This mechanic can be avoided completely by keeping the Spawn of Mephala near the bridge well away from the portal location.
The only notable mechanic with Reggr Dark-Dawn is his occasional Orb of Enervation ability. This ability will drain almost all points of magicka from the group.
There are two primary mechanics in the final boss battle. Her Growing Corruption ability teleports her to three random players and drops dark pools of corruption where they stand. These pools of corruption grow in diameter and inflict high magical damage over time, thus they should be avoided at all costs.
The second mechanic is her Shadow Conduit ability. Multiple beams of light target all players and deal high magical damage over time. For protection, players can run into the protective bubble around the nearby wayshrine.
- Journal, Day 12 — A journal entry from a Mephala cultist
- Journal, Day 26 — A journal entry from a Mephala cultist
- Journal, Day 32 — A journal entry from a Mephala cultist
- Journal, Day 40 — A journal entry from a Mephala cultist
- Prayer of the Resolute — Religious doctrine from the Resolutes of Stendarr
- The Obsidian Husk — On the mysterious artifact attributed to Mephala
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
|Spider Cultist Cowl||
2 items: Adds 15-657 Critical Chance
|Fungal Grotto||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 15-657 Critical Chance
|Fungal Grotto||Medium Armor|
|Dreugh King Slayer||
2 items: Adds 3-129 Weapon and Spell Damage
|Fungal Grotto||Heavy Armor|
|Spawn of Mephala||
1 item: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
|Fungal Grotto II||Monster Helm Sets|
There are seven Achievements associated with this dungeon:
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal Fungal Grotto was designed for levels 12–15, and Veteran Fungal Grotto was designed for Veteran Ranks 1–5.
- Prior to Update 12, Fungal Grotto I was only available in Normal mode, and Fungal Grotto II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named Fungal Grotto and Veteran Fungal Grotto respectively.