- Complete the contract.
- Deliver the goods.
- Sign the manifest.
Alchemist Writs are available to anyone who completes the Alchemist Certification quest. Every day, you may pick up the Alchemist Writ quest from the Consumables Crafting Writs boards. These boards are located in the major cities of the five Alliance zones, as well as some of the neutral zones. The delivery locations used to depend on writ level, but since Update 16 you can deliver writs of any level to any of those locations:
Below is a list of Crafting writ boards and quartermaster locations. Master Writs can only be dropped off in the capital city of an alliance. Some cities offer better placement of pick-up/drop-off points, stations and the bank (if needed) - resulting in faster completion of numerous writs. Notable locations are highlighted:
|Abah's Landing||Hew's Bane||N/A||-|
|Alinor||Summerset||Both writ boards and the drop-off point close to all crafting stations. All outdoors. Bank a short distance away. No Master Writ drop-off.|
|The Hollow City||Coldharbour||-|
|Mournhold||Deshaan||Both writ boards and the drop-off point close to every crafting station. Bank is some distance away. Master Writ drop-off close.|
|Shornhelm||Rivenspire||Armor and weapons writ board, the bank and drop-off point all very close to every crafting station. All outdoors. Consumable writ board and stations on the other side of town.|
|Stormhold||Shadowfen||Both writ boards and the bank close to every crafting station. Drop-off point a short distance away. All outdoors. No Master Writ drop-off.|
|Velyn Harbor||Malabal Tor||-|
|Vivec City||Vvardenfell||Both writ boards and the bank very close to every crafting station. Drop-off point nearby. All outdoors. No Master Writ drop-off.|
The items needed will always be one potion and three raw materials. The level of potion you are required to craft, as well as the level of the reward you receive, is dependent on your rank in the Solvent Proficiency skill. The items needed (as of Update 18) are summarized below:
|1||Sip of Stamina||Corn Flower||Alchemist's Vessel I
|Sip of Rav Stamina||Natural Water|
|Sip of Health||Blessed Thistle|
|Sip of Magicka||Wormwood|
|2||Dram of Magicka||Blessed Thistle||Alchemist's Vessel II
|Dram of Stamina||Bugloss|
|Dram of Rav Magicka||Pristine Water|
|Dram of Health||Corn Flower|
|3||Potion of Health||Lady's Smock||Alchemist's Vessel III
|Potion of Magicka||Mountain Flower|
|Potion of Stamina||Wormwood|
|Potion of Rav Health||Cleansed Water|
|4||Potion of Magicka||Dragonthorn||Alchemist's Vessel IV
|Potion of Stamina||Lady's Smock|
|Potion of Rav Stamina||Filtered Water|
|Potion of Health||Dragonthorn|
|5||Solution of Stamina||Lady's Smock||Alchemist's Vessel V
|Solution of Health||Dragonthorn|
|Elixir of Magicka||Wormwood|
|Solution of Ravage Stamina||Filtered Water|
|6||Panacea of Stamina||Nirnroot||Alchemist's Vessel VI
|Panacea of Health||Cloud Mist|
|Panacea of Health||Nirnroot|
|Panacea of Magicka||Nirnroot|
|7||Panacea1 of Magicka||Nirnroot||Alchemist's Vessel VII
|Panacea1 of Stamina||Nirnroot|
|Panacea1 of Health||Cloud Mist|
|Panacea1 of Health||Nirnroot|
|8||Drain Health Poison IX||Lorkhan's Tears||Alchemist's Vessel VII2
|Essence of Ravage Health||Alkahest|
|Essence of Health||Nirnroot|
|Essence of Stamina||Mudcrab Chitin|
|Essence of Magicka||Imp Stool|
|Damage Health Poison||Nightshade|
|Damage Stamina Poison||Spider Egg|
|Damage Magicka Poison||Violet Coprinus|
This list shows the combinations of ingredients needed to create the potions for these writs. (Note that some other combinations may be possible, but will produce potions with extra effects.)
Once you have completed the writ, you can head to the nearest item depot to deliver the goods:
- <The crate contains ample space for deliveries, and a sheaf of manifest papers.>
- <Place the goods within the crate.>
The response from the crate is selected from one of three responses based on your alchemy level.
- <A note and a vessel have been placed here as payment by the Consortium.>
"From your alchemy table to the farthest reaches of Tamriel, the river of commerce rushes on!"
- <A vessel of Alchemy supplies sits atop a note from the Consortium.>
"There's nothing better than commerce that might save lives. From your contract will flow both coin and cheer!"
- <The Consortium set aside a vessel of Alchemy supplies as a reward, along with a note of thanks.>
"Did you know in certain foreign markets they drink this stuff with meals? True. Strange, true, and lucrative!"
- <The Consortium set aside a vessel of alchemical supplies as a reward, along with a note of thanks.>
"The attention to detail in your infusions leaves us breathless! Luckily, we expect that side effect to pass soon. Thank you!"
- <Alliance quartermasters have left a vessel of Alchemy supplies and a note of thanks.>
"Not every hero wins glory on the battlefield. Champions are born at the alchemist's table, too. Thank you for your service."
- <Alchemy supplies fill a vessel to the brim, payment from the military's quartermaster. A note is attached.>
"Every soldier you save should learn your name, friend. May the Eight keep and bless you for your good works."
- <The military provided a vessel of Alchemy supplies as payment, along with a note of thanks.>
"The next time the lads and lasses charge, your goods will clink in their rucksacks. Think of that next time you sit down at the bench."
- <A well-worn vessel of Alchemy supplies sits in the chest as payment, along with a note of thanks.>
"Your dedication to the Alliance does you proud, crafter. By completing this order in a timely fashion you support our troops. Thank you."
- <The Fighters Guild has left a vessel of alchemical supplies and short thank-you note.>
"If it can help kill a Daedra, we'll pay a good reward for it. Keep it up."
- <A vessel of alchemical supplies marked with the Guild sigil and scrap of paper sits within the chest.>
"Daedra don't know mercy or compassion. Thanks to you, we're working on teaching them fear."
- <The Guild has provided a vessel of Alchemy supplise as payment, along with a note of thanks.>
"What's small and in a glass bottle and keeps us in the fight? Your goods! Yeah!"
- <The Guild has gathered a vessel of alchemical agents as a reward, along with a note of thanks.>
"It turns out the Daedra don't like house guests. We're going to show them that we mean to stay, like it or not."
- "<A chipped vessel holds your payment, Alchemy supplies scrounged from the battlefield. A note is attached.>
"Who says there are no heroes left in this time of war? Your contribution means everything to the least among us."
- <A vessel with the etched label of "Crossroads Profiteers" waits inside the box, a note attached to one side.>
"You have a flair for this, my friend! And we appreciate your attention to detail. You have our thanks."
- <A vessel of Alchemy supplies sits sideways in the crate, dumped with a short note.>
"I bet Vadrick twenty coin we'd be dead before we got resupplied. If you're seeing this … thanks? I guess?"
- <A vessel labeled "Crossroads Profiteers" waits inside the box, a note attached to one side.>
"Veteran explorers deserve the very best. Your leaf water will have to do."
"Just kidding! You're the best, never change.">
- <The refugee organization has scrounged together a vessel of Alchemist supplies and left a note of thanks.>
"They are blessed who think of the weakest among us in times of great need. Thank you."
- The organization has gathered a vessel of Alchemy supplies as a reward, as well as a note of thanks.>
"The fruits of your labor keep the least among us strong enough to keep going. May the Eight bless and keep you."
- <The organization gathered enough supplies to offer you a vessel as a reward. They've also included a note of thanks.>
"The war has displaced so many refugees. Thanks to crafters such as you, at least some of them can sleep a bit easier tonight."
- <The Mages Guild has placed a vessel of supplies as a reward, along with a small note of thanks.>
"The struggle against darkness is long, but your contribution brings hope to Nirn. Thank you."
- <A cast-off vessel of supplies sits inside the box, a note attached to the lid.>
"It's amazing what you find just lying around in Coldharbour—especially after your flame blasts reduce the locals to dust."
- <A cast-off vessel of supplies sits inside the box, a note attached to the lid.>
"The Daedra we acquired this from have no further need for it. We're sure you can put it to better use."
- <The Dragonstar Trading Company has set aside a vessel of Alchemy supplies and a letter of thanks.>
"Peace to you, and many thanks for your contribution to the struggle for Craglorn."
- <A vessel of Alchemy supplies with the Dragonstar Trading Company sigil sits askew at the bottom of the chest. Attached is a note.>
"Damned new arrivals, always getting bit and bleeding all over my supplies. Guess this will hold them a bit."
- <The client provided a crate of Alchemy supplies as payment, along with a note.>
"The Orsinium Civic Renewal and Vengeance Committee appreciates your work. These supplies now go toward renewing the city of Orsinium. Malacath curse your enemies!"
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|This writ is from a trade consortium, merchants passing goods across the face of Nirn. I've been tasked with creating a Sip of (Health/Magicka/Stamina/Ravage Stamina/Ravage Magicka/Ravage Health) and acquiring some (alchemy reagent/solvent) to complete my contract.
This writ is from the resupply arm of the military, a group charged with keeping the troops in Cyrodiil outfitted. I've been tasked with creating a Dram of (Health/Magicka/Stamina/Ravage Stamina/Ravage Magicka/Ravage Health) and acquiring some (alchemy reagent/solvent).
This writ is from the Fighters Guild, offering pay to aid their fight against the Daedra. I've been tasked with creating a Solution of (Health/Magicka/Stamina/Ravage Stamina/Ravage Magicka/Ravage Health) and acquiring some (alchemy reagent/solvent) to complete my contract.
This writ is from an organization that seeks to feed and defend refugees across Nirn. I've been tasked with creating a Potion of (Health/Magicka/Stamina/Ravage Stamina/Ravage Magicka/Ravage Health) and acquiring some (alchemy reagent/solvent) to complete my contract.
This writ is from an arm of the Mages Guild. They seek to supply and arm their efforts in the Daedric realm of Coldharbour. I've been tasked with creating an Elixir of (Health/Magicka/Stamina/Ravage Stamina/Ravage Magicka/Ravage Health) and acquiring some (alchemy reagent/solvent) in order to complete my contract.
This writ is from one of the Belkarth supply masters. This one seeks alchemical supplies for newly arrived explorers. I've been tasked with creating a Panacea of (Health/Magicka/Stamina/Ravage Stamina/Ravage Magicka/Ravage Health) and acquiring some (alchemy reagent/solvent) in order to complete my contract.
This writ is from the Orsinium Civic Renewal and Vengeance Committee, needing more supplies but wishing to not shame their alchemists. I've been tasked with creating an Essence of (Health/Magicka/Stamina/Ravage Stamina/Ravage Magicka/Ravage Health) and acquiring some (alchemy reagent/solvent) in order to complete my contract.
Objective: Craft the Goods
Objective: Deliver Goods to the Nearest Writ Quartermaster
|I've placed my delivery of crafted goods into the crate. All that remains is to sign the manifest and take my reward.
Objective: Sign Delivery Manifest