Lore: Lefthanded Elves
The Lefthanded Elves (or Left-Handed Elves), also known as Sinistral Mer, were a race of elves from Yokuda. They were the enemies of the Yokudans (ancient Redguards) and fought long and bitter conflicts with them for a thousand years. They used a type of stone known as gypsum alabaster in many of their structures. In Vivec’s legendary sermons, he claims when him and Nerevar went to Yokuda Vivec wed with one of the native kings leading to the birth of new “monsters” who would ultimately destroy the land. This alleges that Vivec had a hand in the creation of the race.
During the Mythic Era, the Na-Totambu (Yokudan royalty) fought to a standstill among themselves to decide who would lead the charge against the Lefthanded Elves. Their swordmasters, though, were so skilled in the "Best Known Cuts" as to be matched evenly. Leki intervened, introducing the Ephemeral Feint, and a victor emerged, and war was subsequently declared on the Elves. Diagna, an avatar of the HoonDing, brought orichalc weapons to the Yokudans, which were instrumental in defeating the Elves. The Ra Gada's extermination of elven colonies along the coast of Hammerfell is due to their hatred of the Lefthanded Elves. The Redguards no longer speak of the Lefthanded Elves, as recalling the elves' abominations serves only to darken their days.
The Lefthanded Elves' defeat by the Yokudans and the subsequent sinking of Yokuda imply that the race is extinct, although it has been speculated that there may be a link between them and the southern Maormer. They are believed to have sailed near Thras as well, leading some to believe the buoyant steel salvaged by the Sload came from their shipwrecks.
- Morwha's Blessing Antiquities Codex from ESO
- The Unveiled Azadiyeh Answers Your Questions — The Unveiled Azadiyeh
- Ash'abah Pass and Nilata Ruins Loading Screens in ESO
- The 36 Lessons of Vivec — Vivec
- Varieties of Faith... — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- Varieties of Faith, Crown Redguards — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- Thrassian Stranglers: Bouyant Steel Antiquities Codex from ESO