Gremlins are small, harmless creatures related to goblins, whom they can often be found living alongside. While seen as unpleasant by most, they usually aren't met with violence like most goblin-ken. Instead, they are typically shooed away or otherwise dismissed, though some show them kindness. Gremlins have their own language, known as gremlin tongue, which is not usually understood by other races, though some words in it are coincidentally similar to other words in Tamrielic. They are sometimes derogatorily called "Orc-rats" or "Squeakers".
Gremlins have been used as slaves by the Altmer and as familiars by some wizards in the Mages Guild. A number of gremlins and other goblin-ken lived in the original city of Orsinium. Gremlins were also known to live in the Goblin Caverns of Stros M'Kai. Cyrus the Redguard was once transformed into a gremlin by Archmage Jaganvir of Stros M'Kai. While transformed, Cyrus, without needing to learn it, could only speak in gremlin tongue.
- For game-specific information, see the Redguard article.
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: The Wild Regions — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Brennan, Coyle, and Mariah's dialogue in Redguard
- Events of A Legendary Flask in Redguard
- Mariah's dialogue in Redguard
- The Redguard Companion
- Trithik's dialogue in Redguard
- Town Pirate dialgoue in Redguard
- Kotaro's dialogue in Redguard