The HoonDing, also known as Hoonding or The Make Way God, is the Yokudan spirit of 'perseverance over infidels'. The HoonDing has historically materialized whenever the Redguards need to 'make way' for their people.
In the First Era, HoonDing is first known to have manifested as an avatar by Diagna. Diagna was instrumental to the defeat of the Sinistral Mer, as he brought orichalc weapons to the Yokudan people to win the fight. In Tamriel, he led a very tight knit group of followers against the Orsimer of the first Orsinium, presumably the Order of Diagna during the Siege of Orsinium, during the height of their ancient power. He had then faded into obscurity, and is now little more than a local power spirit of the Dragontail Mountains.
Frandar Hunding was also an aspect of HoonDing. During the arrival of the Yokudan people to Tamriel, he led them against Malooc the Horde King, the enemy god of Ra Gada who led an army of giant goblins against the Redguards in the First Era. Then HoonDing appeared to drive out the goblin force all the way to the east.
During the Tiber Wars, HoonDing was said to have been "a sword or a crown, or both". This refers to either or both Crown Prince A'tor, the heir to the throne who was transformed into the Soul Sword; and/or Cyrus the Restless, a Crown who wielded the Soul Sword. Together, they could have also been an aspect of HoonDing.
- Fa-Nuit-Hen stated he learned a new motion or two when he observed the HoonDing 'making way'.
- Ebonarm is a Yokudan deity or group of deities that share the same designation, with legends saying that Ebonarm is just another manifestation of the HoonDing. Many post-apocalypse manifestations of the HoonDing have individualized, such as Diagna, and Ebonarm may be among them.[UOL 1]
- Varieties of Faith... by Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College — An expansive list of the pantheons and associated divine spirits of Tamriel's dominant cultures
- Hoonding's Golden Quill contraband item in ESO
- Varieties of Faith, Crown Redguards — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- Varieties of Faith, The Forebears — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- Varieties of Faith in the Empire — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- Hoonding's Prayer Stone contraband item in ESO
- Lord Fa-Nuit-Hen and Tutor Riparius Answer Your Questions — Fa-Nuit-Hen and Tutor Riparius
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.