Lore:House of Dibella
- "At the House of Dibella, we seek truth through beauty and the worship of the embodiment of beauty, the Goddess Dibella. Dibella smiles on those who give generously to our House. She grants charm and grace to donors. In proportion to their generosity, of course. We are always interested in new initiates to the House of Dibella, though only those possessing skills in the promotion of harmony. To be honest, very few qualify." — A Follower of Dibella in Daggerfall
The House of Dibella is the temple dedicated to Dibella the Blessed Lady, Goddess of Beauty and Love. They are generally the place of worship for Dibella. The priests and priestesses within are epicureans and orgiasts who aspire for the beauty of the form and mind. The Order of the Lily is the House of Dibella's militant arm, and the Benevolence of Mara is considered their allies. The House of Dibella is considered enemies of the Akatosh Chantry, the Order of Arkay, and the cult of Sanguine. In the Iliac Bay, the House of Dibella has chapters in the following nations: Koegria, Menevia, and Tigonus.
The House of Dibella has existed for thousands of years, roughly as far back as 1E 221. One of their everlasting missions is to preserve great works of art. And their scouts are spread across Tamriel attempting to keep this tradition. To this day, the House of Dibella has developed a detailed network of archaeologists, couriers, and dealers who are paid well in this pursuit.
The leader of the House is the Patriarch/Matriarch. Though during the Oblivion Crisis in 3E 433, the Chapel of Dibella in Anvil was overlooked by the Primate, Dumania Jirich. Each chapter of the temple revolves around the Sibyl, the spiritual leader of the House of Dibella, who directly preach the will and prophecy of Dibella. The process where a new Sibyl is chosen is called the Exalted Protocol of the Dibellan Sybil. It is said that Dibella herself, calls to her chosen Sibyl to create a divine revelation, so that the House of Dibella may retrieve them.
The House of Dibella is known to keep three to four milk-white cats known as the Milady's Cloud Cat in their temples. They are considered sacred to Dibella, as they are seen as her representation in the animal kingdom.
- Augustine Viliane — Lived in Wayrest during the Interregnum, in 2E 582.
- Unnamed Sibyl — Lived in Gideon circa 2E 582, Sister Sibyl of Augustine Viliane
- Lady Siquine — Lived in Camlorn circa 2E 582
- Unnamed Sibyl — Lived in Markarth, but died in 4E 201
- Fjotra — Lived in Karthwasten and was brought into the House of Dibella of Markarth in 4E 201.
Order of the Lily
The Order of the Lily (or the Lily Order) is the militant arm of the House of Dibella, known to enforce the divine's will and protect the temple with their lives. They are said to be consumed with the propagation of beauty, giving them the willpower to protect themselves sufficiently.
- For game-specific information on the House, see the Daggerfall article.
- For game-specific information on the Knightly Order, see the Daggerfall article.
- The House of Dibella faction in Daggerfall
- Desired Artwork quest in Daggerfall
- Ranks in the House of Dibella in Daggerfall
- Dumania Jirich NPC in Oblivion
- The Heart of Dibella quest in Skyrim
- Artorius Ponticus Answers Your Questions — Bishop Artorius Ponticus
- The Elder Scrolls Online – Crown Store Showcase (Pet)
- Dibella's Mysteries and Revelations — Sibyl Augustine Viliane
- Augustine Viliane Answers Your Questions — Sybil Augustine Viliane
- Order of the Lily faction in Daggerfall