The Imperial Saints are pious individuals venerated by the Church, the majority religion among Imperials. Devotions are often made to them as a group, known collectively as the Communion of Saints.
Many saints are historical figures who continue to be revered long after death. The Church also venerates Living Saints, individuals who have received a calling to live by the commands of their chosen Divine as an example to others. It is believed that saints are blessed by the Divines with a second sight and that they do not view the world as other mortals do. Saints are buried in the graves of Green Emperor Way among other important figures in the Empire.
The practice of saint-eating was popular in the First Era before it was banned at some point prior to 1E 2877. This involved the disinterring of a saint's body for use as an ingredient in the preparation of food. However, apocryphal accounts suggest the practice did not immediately cease. An ancient text called the "Scroll of Precursor Saints" was supposedly discovered by Abnur Tharn in the vaults of the White-Gold Tower in 2E 541.
List of Saints
- Saint Alessia, Patron Saint of Humanity
- Saint Balyna, Patron Saint of Mara
- Saint Coellicia
- Saint Errandil, Living Saint of Arkay
- Saint Jahn
- Saint Kaladas the Architect, Saint of Zenithar
- Saint Olava the Fair, Living Saint of Mara
- Saint Osla, Saint of Sancre Tor:361
- Saint Pelinal, the Divine Crusader
- Saint Plenty
- Saint Topal the Pilot, Patron Saint of Leyawiin
- Bretonic Saints — Saints venerated by the Bretons of High Rock.
- Temple Saints — Saints of the Tribunal Temple.
- Drake of Blades — Immortal guardian of the Dragonfires who wielded precognitive powers akin to those of the Imperial Saints.
- Sir Ralvas' dialogue in Knights of the Nine
- Carodus Oholin's dialogue in Knights of the Nine
- Guide to Chorrol — Alessia Ottus
- Guide to the Imperial City — Alessia Ottus
- Decentius Opsius' dialogue in Oblivion
- Olava the Fair's dialogue in Oblivion
- Father Egnatius' dialogue in ESO
- The Feast of Saint Coellicia — Arfons Jellicandante, Expert on Nibenese Cuisine
- Epitaph on a tomb in Sancre Tor in Oblivion
- House Tharn of Nibenay — Count Opius Voteporix
- Shezarr and the Divines — Faustillus Junius
- Philius Dormeir's dialogue in ESO
- Synnolian Tunifus' dialogue in Morrowind
- Guide to Cheydinhal — Alessia Ottus
- St. Jahn's Wort in Oblivion
- Saint Kaladas Body Markings in ESO
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Official Game Guide — Peter Olafson
- The Prophet's dialogue in Knights of the Nine
- Generic Imperial idle dialogue at Fort Frostmoth in Bloodmoon
- Prior Maborel's dialogue in Oblivion