|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Oblivion NPC Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Added by||Knights of the Nine|
Priory of the Nine
The Prophet is an Imperial added by the Knights of the Nine official plug-in. You will meet the Prophet first in Anvil during the quest Pilgrimage. After the restoration of the Priory of the Nine, he will disappear from Anvil forever.
You meet him once more at the Priory of the Nine during the quest The Blessing of Talos. He lifts your fatigue curse and gives you The Blessing of Talos, a special lesser power. The Prophet then sends you on the quest Umaril the Unfeathered, your final mission to destroy Umaril.
- Pilgrimage: Complete the Pilgrimage of the Nine Divines to show that you are worthy.
- The Blessing of Talos: Obtain the ninth relic: The Blessing of Talos.
- Umaril the Unfeathered: Defeat Umaril and kill him for good, in both the physical and spiritual planes.
After the attack in Anvil occurs, he can be encountered evangelizing to the people of city:
- Hear me, o people of Cyrodiil! Look well upon the Chapel of Dibella. Look at the faces of the dead. This is your future. Evil has returned, and the Nine need a champion! Is there no one who would stand for the Nine? Now Mara's children cry out from beyond the grave for vengeance! How many more must die at Umaril's hand?
- I AM CYRODIIL COME, he said, Old Reman, born from the earth that IS Al-Esh, and yet he would scorn this country now! Repent! I say again, REPENT! The blood of Dibella's slaughtered acolytes cries out for vengeance. Vengeance! Who will take up this holy crusade? Love and Mercy! Do you still think me mad? Who shall next fall to Umaril's bloody revenge?
- The Eight And One require a champion, a Divine Crusader reborn. Pelinal Whitestrake once struck down the enemies of man and god. Who will now reclaim his Relics and fight again for the true faith? There are loremasters among you, heads so heavy with learning that you cannot raise your eyes to the heavens to see the truth there written! Cut eight-wise he was, Pelinal the Blamer, champion of Men, and though dispersed he left us a warning! Heed it!
- Umaril is returned, as was foretold by the head of Pelinal to the Bull of Kyne in those days of old Cyrodiil. Who will walk the Pilgrim's Way, as did the questing knights of old? The blood tide rises! Will no one take up this holy crusade? Will no one walk the ancient Pilgrim's Way? Oh unhappy Tamriel! Where is your Divine Crusader, in these latter days of petty strife and lesser men?
- Umaril -- yes, your children know that name if you do not. The Dread Castellan of fearful legend. Did you think him a myth? Or dead? Have you not heard the ? Spoke : "Beware, Morihaus, beware! With the foresight of death I know now that my foe yet lives, bitter knowledge to take to my grave..." "Better that I had died believing myself the victor. Although cast beyond the doors of night, he will return.""Be vigilant! I can no longer shield the host of Men from Umaril's retribution." Thus spake Pelinal in the hour of his death.
- The Unfeathered has come during the Breaking of Gates! His golden-wickedness will hold fast against all arms except those of his ancient foe, the Whitestrake!
- The gate, once open, cares not who passeth through. Our ancient enemy has returned, from the deeps of time, to exact his revenge upon the gods. The gods, the Eight Attendants of Saint Pelinal when he smote down Umaril the Unfeathered...
- Are there no ears to hear the warnings? Are there no eyes to witness the Wheel's breaking? The Eight and One favor only the righteous! And too few of you remain! The Thief has found the lock that he cannot break! The Warrior, the foe that cannot fall! The Wizard, an incantation that takes not to his tongue! Truly this is the Age of the Serpent and the Void that follows! The Guardians have fallen and no one remains to watch their charges, and all the heavens are now banquet for the Princes of Misrule!
- And Talos said to the Arctus, "Let us join as one to fortify this throne, this land, these people, each one glorious under heaven!" Would you not do the same, children of Cyrodiil? No, you would not! This is plain! You looked away when the fires flickered, and now act lost that they are gone! Only death remains for Tamriel! Death and oblivion!
- "That all the Interplay is one flea of assertion on a wolf of naught." It is by these heresies that you fall from grace! Shame on you, people of Cyrodiil, and more shame for the children that you give freely to the mouth of Destruction!
- The Al-Esh is near! Mother of the Empire! She weeps for fallen Cyrod and all her children that call it home for truly she is the mother to us all! Citizens, the Queen of Stars asks you: where is her issue? Where are the men who can walk in her steps? In whose blood has the dragon taken purchase? Alessia! Reman! Talos! They cry for blood akin to theirs to rekindle the dragonpact! Citizens, take to your knives! Are there no ears to hear the warnings? Are there no eyes to witness the Wheel's breaking?
- You pore over your dusty tomes of lore. You study ancient genealogies and bloodlines. Look you to blood for truth? There is truth in blood, but it is not the truth that you seek! The truth is written in the blood of the innocent, there in the Chapel of Love! Can you not read the ancient runes? "As oiobala Umarile, Ehlnada racuvar!" A curse and a threat to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear! Are there are any among you who still understand the ancient tongue? "By the eternal power of Umaril, the mortal gods shall be cast down."
- Who will match the deeds of Sir Amiel and his companions when they smote the Wyrm of Elenglynn to recover the Cuirass of the Crusader?
- Think on this -- what happened here is only the beginning.
Speaking to him will have him greet you differently, depending on your fame or infamy:
|>5 Fame on first meeting||Oh my. To what do I owe this honor? I am but a humble prophet. What business do you have with me?|
|>1 Infamy on first meeting||Well, well. A wayward son returning to the church? What do you want with me?|
|Default greeting on first meeting if other conditions are not met||So, another one who has come to listen to the madman's rantings.|
|>5 Fame after first meeting||I am at your service, a humble vessel of the gods.|
|>1 Infamy after first meeting||Your crimes are of no account to me. I am neither judge nor priest.|
|Default greeting||I am busy with the gods' work. Are you?|
You can ask him about the chapel attack, which will have him reply: "This is only the beginning. Umaril has returned, as foretold by Pelinal Whitestrake in his dying breath!" This will give you the option to ask him about several topics in relation to the attack:
|Umaril? Who's that?||Umaril the Unfeathered, the sorceror-king of the Ayleids who ruled over this land for long ages before the rise of Men. He was cast down by Pelinal Whitestrake. But Umaril's spirit survived, and now he has returned to seek vengeance upon the gods.|
|Who is Pelinal Whitestrake?||Does no one remember the old tales? Saint Pelinal, the Divine Crusader of legend -- Alessia's companion when she overthrew the rule of the Ayleids 3,000 years ago. Pelinal, with the aid of the gods, fought the Ayleid sorceror-king Umaril and slew him. But Umaril's spirit survived, and he has now returned!|
|Just tell me who attacked the Chapel.||Do you understand nothing? The blood speaks! I can read the ancient runes, if you cannot. "As oiobala Umarile, Ehlnada racuvar", in the Ayleid tongue. "By the eternal power of Umaril, the mortal gods shall be cast down." A curse upon Umaril's ancient foes -- and a threat.|
The Blessing of Talos
When you return to the Priory, you will find that The Prophet has arrived and wishes to speak to you. He will tell you about The Blessing of Talos and how it can aid you in defeating Umaril fully:
- "Where once there were Eight, now One more stands with them, and they have become Nine.
- Aye. With the apotheosis of Tiber Septim, the face of the divine was transformed. Talos ascended and the Eight became Nine.
- As a proven guardian of this realm and a warrior the likes of which have not been seen in , Talos grants you his sacred Blessing.
- With the ancient gifts of the Eight, and the new gift of the One, you are ready to face Umaril.
- It will allow you to follow Umaril into the spirit realm upon his death. It will allow you to destroy him, body and soul, utterly and for all time.
- His Daedric nature allows his spirit to escape into Oblivion after death. This is what Pelinal learned upon defeating Umaril the first time.
- But you can do what Pelinal could not. The Blessing of Talos will allow you to follow Umaril's spirit when it leaves his body.
- Umaril cannot be beaten in his physical form by any normal means. His blows can strike down the mightiest of warriors in a single stroke.
- When Umaril joined with the Daedra, his spirit expanded beyond this realm. His physical form can travel between realms, but his spirit is bound.
- When his body is destroyed, his spirit travels back to Oblivion and is reformed in the fires of creation.
- With the armor of the gods and the Blessing of Talos, you will be able to follow him where Pelinal could not and destroy his very spirit.
- Once his spirit is destroyed, he will be completely obliterated -- erased from all realms of existence.