Horses • Felines • Guar • Bears • Camels • Wolves • Other
Bears can roar.
Atmoran Snow Bear
- These fiercely noble Snow Bears are said to have been brought from the legendary frozen continent of Atmora by mighty Ysgramor himself, who deemed them the only worthy avatars of the ancient Nord Bear totem.
- The Badger Bears of southern Blackwood were nearly extinct in the wild when they were saved by the intervention from an unlikely source, an Imperial noble. Viscount Glorion of Leyawiin rescued the species by breeding them as mounts.
- "So, it's a Bear. Only it's a Lizard. And you can ride it? Shor's bones! That's all I need to know. I'll take it!" —Celebrated Nord Envoy Rigurt the Brash
- The Black Bear is common across Cyrodiil, but is also seen north into High Rock and Skyrim, where it is considered a warrior's mount.
- Found throughout Tamriel's northern mountains, the Cave Bear makes a hardy and imposing mount.
The Cave Bear is a large brown bear mount released alongside the Orsinium DLC. It is available from the Crown Store individually for 1,800 , or as part of the Orsinium DLC Collector's Edition for 5,000 . Its default name is "Theodore".
Dragonscale Barded Bear
- Dragonscale bard is just about the heaviest armor one can put on a mount, but bears bred as mounts are so strong they scarcely seem to notice it.
- Scholar of the Dwemer Guylaine Marilie theorized that bear vamidiums were animunculi mounts reserved only for those Deep Elves of high rank or status. "Imagine a noble in full armor on a Dwarven Bear Mount," he wrote. "What could be more impressive?"
Flame Atronach Bear
- When the Empress Hestra led her legions in harrying the Vampire King Styriche and his Gray Host into western Hammerfell, it's said she did so while riding a great Flame Atronach Bear Mount named Fiery Ursula.
- The Bear was also one of the ancient Atmoran animal tokens, associated later with the Nord god Tsun, so the Frostbane Bear has historically been one of the most prestigious mounts a tradition-loving Nord could ride.
Hollowjack Rider Bear
- When the moons rise over the Witches Festival, Jaque o' the Hollow haunts the mounts of mortals, cursing their riders to gallop headless through the night. Even the doughty bear mounts of the Nords are susceptible.
- Both swift and strong, the Masked Bear of the Jerall Mountains is a popular mount along the high passes between Bruma and Falkreath.
Psijic Bear Exemplar
- According to Nord legend, bears—like the Nords themselves—originated on the frozen continent of Atmora. And some Nords think that's where the Psijic monks went to find the original model of their Psiiic Bear Exemplar. The Psijic mages aren't saying.
- A re-animated Skeletal Bear makes a fearsome mount, and is a favorite of northern Tamriel's necromancers.
- The Snow Bear makes a superior mount for northern climes, as it's undaunted by even the fiercest winter weather.
Storm Atronach Bear
- According to Nord legend, in his wars against the Snow Elves the might Ysgramor the Harbinger rode a Storm Atronach Bear Mount conjured for him by his personal Clever Man.
The Storm Atronach Bear is a storm atronach in the shape of a Bear mount, available as an Apex-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crate. A bolt of lightning strikes it when it roars and it glows for a few seconds afterward. Its default name is "Ugly Hugs".
- The rare Sweetroll Grizzly Bears prowl the golden forests of the Rift on the northern slopes of the Jerall Mountains. They're big strong cuddly hug machines—except when they're angry.
- Though the famed bard Svaknir wrote a hilarious song in which the Tuxedo was mocked as "the Chub Loon of Bears," this magnificent ursine mount has been esteemed by Nord nobles since the early First Era.
Wild Hunt Bear
- The Wild Hunt Bear is a forest beast that has lost its Y'ffre-given ability to choose between being plant or animal, reverting to the primal chaos of the Dawn Era.
The Wild Hunt Bear is available as an Apex-level reward in the Wild Hunt Crown Crate. Its default name is "Branch-Britches". It leaves behind green pawprints, and small flowers briefly bloom where it stands still.