Tsun is the Nordic god of trials against adversity. He died defending Shor from foreign gods, with his death remembered as bringing about the current world. Tsun and his brother Stuhn were both Shield-thanes of Shor. He currently guards the Whalebone Bridge to the Hall of Valor of Sovngarde.:631 At Shor's bidding, he has taken on the role of the master of trials, asking new arrivals to the utopia to prove their strength in combat against him before they can enter the Hall, where he fights using his axe. The Bear was also one of the ancient Atmoran animal tokens, associated later with the Nord god Tsun.
Tsun held great respect for magic, which he called the "Clever Craft", and wielded the power of the Voice. He and others desired to face Alduin when the Time-Eater set his soul-snare in Sovngarde, but for reasons unknown, Shor held them back, though Alduin's grip on Sovngarde eventually was broken by the Last Dragonborn. Only Tsun can transport the living from Sovngarde by summoning Shor’s Might to return them to the Throat of the World.
- While Tsun's brother Stuhn entered the Imperial pantheon of the Eight Divines as Stendarr, it's never been explicitly stated that Tsun bears any relation with any other cultural aspect of a deity. However, how he is presented in Varieties of Faith in the Empire hints at a connection with Zenithar of the Bretons, Z'en of the Bosmer, and Zeht of the Redguards.
- A ghostly figure called the Watcher at the Bridge guarded the portal during the Interregnum, but their exact relation to Tsun was unknown.
- "Tsun's frosty breeches!" is a Nordic exclamation.
- For game-specific information, see the Skyrim article.
- A Dream of Sovngarde by Skardan Free-Winter — A soldier's tale of his dream before battle
- Kodlak's Journal by Kodlak Whitemane — The last writings of a Harbinger of the Companions
- Varieties of Faith... by Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College — An expansive list of the pantheons and associated divine spirits of Tamriel's dominant cultures
- Varieties of Faith... — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- Divines and the Nords — High Priest Ingurt
- Tsun's dialogue in Skyrim.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Prima Official Game Guide — David Hodgson
- Merenfire's dialogue in ESO
- Events of Skyrim
- Frostbane Bear description in ESO
- Watcher at the Bridge's dialogue in ESO
- Ambient Dialogue