—The Song of Gods
Jhunal, also known as Jhunal the Rune God, is the Nordic god of hermetic orders, knowledge and wisdom, represented by an owl, and is one of the Hearth Gods. After falling out of favor with the rest of that pantheon, he became Julianos of the Nine Divines. He is largely absent in modern Skyrim mythology.
Vivec mentioned "JHUNAL" as one of the eight known worlds.
Although worship of Jhunal has waned with most Nords, there are still those who have not forgotten him and aim for a higher purpose than the brandishing of swords and pursue things such as scholarship, history, reading, and invention. Certain Nord warriors also respect Jhunal as they must also have a strong mind and the knowledge to carry them through battle.
Wise-Wing the Owl
Wise-Wing the Owl is associated in northern Tamriel with Jhunal, and is said to warn the unwary away from graveyards and witches' covens during the New Life Festival. Wise-Wing is usually represented as a barred owl, so wearing barred owl tail-feathers bespeaks devotion to the God of Wisdom.
- Jhunal is referred to as a Clever Man in Shor Son of Shor by Tsun.[UOL 1]
- ^ Holy Symbol of Jhunal item description
- ^ Divines and the Nords — High Priest Ingurt
- ^ Varieties of Faith... — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- ^ 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 3 — Vivec
- ^ Jhunal the Rune God
- ^ Jhunal's Owl Mask's description in ESO
- ^ Crown Store Showcase
- ^ Barred Feather Horns' description in ESO
Note: The following references are considered to be unofficial sources. They are included to round off this article and may not be authoritative or conclusive.