Online:The Banished Cells I
- The High Elves live long lives and have a talent for magic. Sometimes an Altmer's pursuit of magical power leads to tampering with forbidden knowledge and illicit dealings with evil Daedra. It was to confine such trespassers that the Banished Cells were created.
|# of Zones||1|
|At the northern tip of Auridon|
|Veteran Speed Run Target||20 mins|
In this version, Keeper Cirion needs your help binding the spirit of a dangerous Altmer, High Kinlord Rilis.
See also: Banished Cells II
- The Banished Cells Objective: Explore the Banished Cells. / You braved the dangers of the Banished Cells.
- One of the Undaunted: Join the group of adventurers called "The Undaunted".
- Pledge: Banished Cells I: Explore the Banished Cells I and return Undaunted.
Banished Cells Pledge: Explore the Banished Cells and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
Banished Cells I
- Banished Archers, Sentinels, Mages, Royal Soldiers, Soldiers, Slayers and Warriors
- Shadow Proxies
- Cell Haunter, a wraith
- Angata the Clannfear Handler, a Dremora summoner
- Skeletal Destroyer, a bone colossus
Hard Mode is only available in the Veteran version of The Banished Cells I. When you get to the final boss fight against High Kinlord Rilis, you have the option to activate the Scroll of Glorious Battle, located on a corner of the central platform. Activating the scroll will display the following:
- <This scroll bears the insignia of the Undaunted and a potent spell, conceived of by the renowned Hroltar the Boaster. When invoked the scroll will empower one's enemies with astonishing power.
- The full incantation isn't short on colorful language.>
- Give me a foe worth bragging about!
Activating the scroll will cause a blinding flash of light and will make the boss fight more difficult. If your group dies, the scroll will need to be activated again to reenable Hard Mode.
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 28-1206 Maximum Health
|The Banished Cells||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Stamina
|The Banished Cells||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 28-1206 Maximum Health
|The Banished Cells||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 3-129 Magicka Recovery
|The Banished Cells I||Monster Helm Sets|
There are several achievements associated with this dungeon:
|Banished Cells I Vanquisher||10||Defeat Shadowrend and High Kinlord Rilis in Banished Cells I.|
|Banished Cells I Conqueror||10||Defeat Cell Haunter, Shadowrend, Angata the Clannfear Handler, the Skeletal Destroyer, and High Kinlord Rilis in Veteran Banished Cells I.|
|Soul Splitter||50||Defeat High Kinlord Rilis in Veteran Banished Cells I, after invoking the Scroll of Glorious Battle.|
|Veteran Bonebreaker I||10||Defeat 350 Skeletons in Veteran Banished Cells I.|
|Veteran Daedra Slayer I||10||Defeat 100 Daedra in Veteran Banished Cells I.|
|Banished Cells I Survivor||50||Defeat Cell Haunter, Shadowrend, Angata the Clannfear Handler, the Skeletal Destroyer, and High Kinlord Rilis in Veteran Banished Cells I, without suffering a group member death.|
|Banished Cells I Assassin||50||Defeat Cell Haunter, Shadowrend, Angata the Clannfear Handler, the Skeletal Destroyer, and High Kinlord Rilis in Veteran Banished Cells I, all within twenty minutes. Timer starts when a group member enters the first hallway.|
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal Banished Cells was designed for levels 12-15 and Veteran Banished Cells was designed for Veteran Ranks 1-5.
- Prior to Update 12, The Banished Cells I was only available in Normal mode, and The Banished Cells II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named The Banished Cells and Veteran Banished Cells respectively.