Skyrim:Powdered Mammoth Tusk
|Weakness to Fire
Powdered Mammoth Tusk is only available in random loot. It cannot be made from mammoth tusks.
In terms of combinations of two ingredients, Powdered Mammoth Tusk can be combined with 55 other ingredients.
|Netch JellyDB (2.0×)
|Purple Mountain Flower
This ingredient is not in the
VendorItemIngredient category that allows it to be traded by apothecary merchants (see bugs).
The only way to make this ingredient become available from apothecary merchants is to unlock the Merchant perk (requires level 50 Speech), at which point it becomes considered an "uncommon" ingredient.
There are also no guaranteed samples of powdered mammoth tusk in the base game, so the only remaining way to obtain them is in random loot. However, the chances are generally small of this ingredient appearing in any given location. The best bets are:
- Peddlers may be randomly encountered in the wilderness (typically being attacked). These peddlers have an 8% chance of carrying 1-3 samples.
- Uncommon- and rare-type apothecary's satchels have a 2% chance of containing one.
- Warlocks and Forsworn have a 0.5% chance of carrying one.
The official add-ons add several guaranteed samples:
- With the Dawnguard add-on installed:
- With the Hearthfire add-on installed:
- Three samples can be found in any of the player-built homes if the Alchemy Laboratory addition is built and furnished.
- With the Dragonborn add-on installed:
- The quest Repairing the Phial asks you to find some mammoth tusk powder, which is a miscellaneous item located at Stonehill Bluff rather than an alchemy ingredient.
- Quintus Navale explains why there is no way to create powdered mammoth tusk—apparently mammoth tusks are extremely hard, and only the giants know how to grind them into powder.
- This ingredient cannot normally be bought from apothecary merchants, even though it should be available according to their merchandise leveled lists. It also cannot be sold to apothecary merchants; it can only be sold to general goods merchants.
- The Unofficial Skyrim Patch, version 1.2, fixes this bug.