Skyrim:Sabre Cat Tooth
|2nd||Fortify Heavy Armor|
|4th||Weakness to Poison|
|Creature||Sabre Cat, Snowy Sabre Cat|
|Merchant Avail.||None ()|
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Restore Stamina||Weakness to Poison||Pine Thrush Egg|
5 guaranteed samples found in 4 different locations:
- 2 in Drelas' Cottage (Whiterun Hold)
- 1 in Bruca's Leap Redoubt (The Reach)
- 1 in High Hrothgar (Whiterun Hold)
- 1 in Sinderion's Field Laboratory (Blackreach)
This ingredient is not in the
VendorItemIngredient category that allows it to be traded by apothecary merchants (see bugs).
Remaining ways to obtain already-harvested sabre cat teeth all have relatively low probabilities. The best bets are:
- Peddlers may be randomly encountered in the wilderness (typically being attacked). These peddlers have an 8% chance of carrying 1-3 samples.
- Uncommon- and rare-type apothecary's satchels have a 2% chance of containing one.
- Warlocks and Forsworn have a 0.5% chance of carrying one.
If you have the Hearthfire add-on installed, you may need a lot of teeth to furnish your self-built houses. The only reliable source of them is hunting. Create a quicksave before killing a sabre cat, kill it and loot its body. If you only find its eye, quickload and kill it again until you get its tooth. Your hunting would be more efficient in this way.
- This ingredient cannot normally be bought from apothecary merchants, even though it should be available according to their merchandise leveled lists. It also cannot be sold to apothecary merchants; it can only be sold to general goods merchants.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.