|Items||Neck, Chest, Arms, Finger|
(Click on any item for details)
Alchemy description: For <dur> seconds, weapon and armor improving is <mag>% better.
Enchanting description: Weapons and armor can be improved <mag>% better.
Fortify Smithing increases the effectiveness when using Smithing to improve weapons and armor.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Smithing:
- Dreugh WaxCC (1.25×,1.27×)
- Glowing Mushroom
- Gold KanetCC (1.25×,1.27×)
- Sabre Cat Tooth
- Spriggan Sap
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Fortify Smithing if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All varieties of Bracers/Gauntlets, Necklaces, and rings of Smithing
- Includes the enchantments of Minor Smithing, Major Smithing, Extreme Smithing, Eminent Smithing and Peerless Smithing.
- Silver-Blood Family Ring
- The Forgemaster's Fingers
Items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
Items to Enchant
The Fortify Smithing effect can be enchanted onto the following items:
- Chest pieces
- Gauntlets and gloves
The effect's enhancement applies to all item-tempering smithing, including of weapons, helmets, cuirasses, gauntlets, and non-clothing boots. It has no effect on item-creation smithing.
- The Seeker of Might power from the Dragonborn add-on fortifies your smithing along with all other combat skills by 10%.
- The Notched Pickaxe from the Throat of the World also buffs the smithing skill.
- Due to the Moth Priest SandalsDG being wrongly coded as a Chest piece, they can be enchanted with Fortify Smithing, giving you five possible pieces of equipment to boost smithing effects.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- Similar to the above, the Dunmer ShoesDB are also wrongly coded to receive Chest enchantments, including Fortify Smithing.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.0.6 of the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.
- Weapons that are improved to damage values above 999 will not display damage properly in the inventory screen. (For instance, 1001 damage may only display as 100 on an improved weapon). This display bug does not affect the actual damage of the weapon. Weapons improved to over 999 damage will still deal that much damage.