|Items||Neck, Chest, Arms, Finger|
(Click on any item for details)
Alchemy description: For <dur> seconds, weapon and armor improving is <mag>% better.
Enchanting description: Weapons and armor can be improved <mag>% better.
Fortify Smithing increases the effectiveness when using Smithing to improve weapons and armor.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Smithing:
- Dreugh WaxCC (1.25×,1.27×)
- Glowing Mushroom
- Gold KanetCC (1.25×,1.27×)
- Sabre Cat Tooth
- Spriggan Sap
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Fortify Smithing if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All varieties of Bracers/Gauntlets, Necklaces, and rings of Smithing
- Includes the enchantments of Minor Smithing, of Major Smithing, of Extreme Smithing, of Eminent Smithing and of Peerless Smithing.
- Silver-Blood Family Ring
- The Forgemaster's Fingers
Items to Enchant
The Fortify Smithing effect can be applied to the following items:
- Chest pieces
- Gauntlets and Gloves
- The Seeker of Might power from the Dragonborn add-on fortifies your smithing along with all other combat skills by 10%.
- Due to the Moth Priest SandalsDG being wrongly coded as a Chest piece, they can be enchanted with Fortify Smithing, giving you five possible pieces of equipment to boost smithing effects.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- Similar to the above, the Dunmer ShoesDB are also wrongly coded to receive Chest enchantments, including Fortify Smithing.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.0.6 of the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.