|Items||Neck, Finger, Feet, Shield|
(Click on any item for details)
Alchemy description: Resist <mag>% of frost damage for <dur> seconds.
Enchanting description: Increases Frost Resistance by <mag>%.
Resist Frost increases the target's resistance to all forms of Frost Damage including the secondary effects (such as Slow) it applies.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Resist Frost:
- Daedroth TeethCC (1.33×,1.36×) (1st effect)
- Flame StalkCC (1.33×,1.36×)
- Frost Mirriam (1st effect)
- Frost Salts
- Hawk Beak
- Hydnum Azure Giant SporeCC (1.33×,1.36×) (1st effect)
- Moon Sugar
- Purple Mountain Flower
- Redwort FlowerCC (1.33×,1.36×) (1st effect)
- Silverside Perch
- Slaughterfish Scales (1st effect)
- Small Pearl
- Steel-Blue EntolomaCC
- Thistle Branch (1st effect)
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Resist Frost if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All varieties of Armor*, Boots, Necklaces, and Shields of Dwindling Frost
- All varieties of Armor*, Boots, Necklaces, and Shields of Frost Abatement
- All varieties of Armor*, Boots, Necklaces, and Shields of Frost Suppression
- All varieties of Armor*, Boots, Necklaces, and Shields of Resist Frost
- All varieties of Armor*, Boots, Necklaces, and Shields of Waning Frost
- All varieties of Armor*, Boots, Necklaces, and Shields of Warmth
- Helm of Yngol
- Herebane's Fortress
- Necklace of Frost Resist
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
*Though there are a few chest pieces that come enchanted with resist frost, it cannot be added to a chest piece.
- Nords have an innate +50% Resist Frost from the start of the game.
- Along with Resist Fire and Resist Shock, Resist Frost has a cap of 85%. All three stack with Resist Magic. The cap only applies to you; followers and enemies with 100% resistance to a particular element (such as atronachs) are truly immune.
- Resist Frost enchantments are amplified when placed on stalhrimDB equipment.