(Click on any item for details)
Alchemy description: For <dur> seconds, items are enchanted <mag>% stronger.
Fortify Enchanting increases the strength of your Enchanting. It works by directly modifying the Enchanting skill level, contrary to what the description suggests. With alchemical support, it is possible to create stronger enchantments than those found on stock gear and weapons in the game, and stronger than those you would be able to create with an Enchanting skill of 100.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Enchanting:
- Ancestor Moth WingDG
- Blue Butterfly Wing
- Chaurus Hunter AntennaeDG
- Dreugh WaxCC (2.0×,2.14×)
- Hagraven Claw
- Spawn AshDB
- Spriggan Sap
- Stoneflower PetalsCC (2.0×,2.14×)
Items to Enchant
The Fortify Enchanting effect cannot be applied to items by using the arcane enchanter, since the effect cannot be learned by disenchanting any item.
- Wearing exactly four relics of Ahzidal will grant the ability Ahzidal's GeniusDB that increases Enchanting skill by 10 points. One of the rings from Ahzidal's set may be worn in addition to three armor pieces to make up the count of four.
- Choosing the ability Seeker of SorceryDB from the Black Book The Sallow Regent will increase the strength of all enchantments by 10%.
- The effect from a Fortify Enchanting potion does not last long, typically 30 seconds, in real-time beginning as soon as it is consumed. The clock continues while using the enchanter. There can often be enough time for two items, if you don't dawdle. You can open the console to pause the game while you look over the available enchantments for the item you have selected. After you select an item, a soul gem, and an enchantment those choices will remain valid even while the clock continues unseen. However, should you elect to change one of them, the clock may well have expired on the Fortify Enchanting effect, and it will be lost. There is no need to rush to rename the item nor to create it. The best advice is plan ahead by doing a dry run without the potion in which you see the items, the effects and the soul gems, and then exit the dry run rather than actually creating the item.
- Another way to help with the potion's short duration is to use the Slow Time shout.