- Creates an Ash Guardian that guards that location until destroyed. Consumes a heart stone from your inventory, without which it will be hostile.
Conjure Ash Guardian is an expert level conjuration spell that summons an ash guardian to aid you in combat. A heart stone is required to ensure that the resultant ash guardian does not attack you.
- The spell is implemented as a Rune instead of a summon, meaning it differs from the other spells in several points:
- An Ash Guardian does not count towards the number of units you have summoned, and does not replace or is replaced by any other summon.
- It is not affected by the Twin Souls perk, a second Guardian will always unsummon the first.
- A conjured Ash Guardian's soul can be captured, making it possible to farm greater-sized souls.
- The spell doesn't count as being cast on self and thus works even with active Spell Absorption.
- The Guardian does not follow you, but instead stays at the location marked by the rune.
- The stats of the Ash Guardian summoned are:
- The Ash Guardian spell can be quite useful for training skills. When conjured, it becomes a free standing creature; without a heart stone, it is in essence an on-demand enemy.
- If an ash guardian conjured without a heart stone loses its hostility to you (by staying hidden or using Calm), it will remain friendly to you until combat ends. After combat it will randomly resume its hostility toward you after a short while. ?