||Summon Arniel's Shade
||Fire and Forget
- Summons the Shade of Arniel Gane for 60 seconds wherever the caster is pointing.
Summon Arniel's Shade is a Conjuration spell that summons the Shade of Arniel Gane to aid you in combat.
For the shade's stats, see its individual page.
- Arniel's Shade is one of the most useful summoning spells. There are several reasons for this:
- The spell has zero casting cost (though it grants no experience points).
- The Shade is invulnerable, meaning it will help you for the full length of its summon.
- He favors lightning spells, which few enemies are resistant to.
- In addition to his array of Destruction spells, he may also heal you, notably the only summon who can do so.
- One downside of this spell is that it requires two hands, so you may need to interrupt what you're doing to re-cast it when it expires.
- If the spell is cast in the College, Arniel's Shade will elicit no response from his former colleagues, who apparently never notice he is missing.
- Casting this spell over and over again can make one of your summoned shades follow the same schedule as if he was alive. He will appear randomly even though you haven't summoned him. ?