The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Medium Armor Materials
Harpies are half-bird, half-woman hybrid creatures found all over Tamriel, often in warm climates. They have little intelligence and are usually hostile.
Skills and Abilities
- A basic melee attack that does minor physical damage.
- A basic ranged attack that does minor shock damage.
- Wing Slice
- A charged melee attack that does moderate physical damage. This attack can be blocked to set the harpy off-balance.
- Lightning Gale
- A ranged attack that does moderate shock damage. The attack can be interrupted to set the harpy off-balance, or simply avoided.
- Wing Gust
- An attack that does moderate physical damage and knocks down all enemies as indicated by a red cone.
- Charged Ground
- An attack that does moderate shock damage over time to all enemies as indicated by a red circle. The attack can be interrupted to set the harpy off balance, or simply avoided.
- Blood for Blood: Neutralize an ancient forge and put an end to the evil plans of the Dreadhorn Clan.
- Feathered Fiends: Resolve the situation between the harpies and the mercenaries in Kozanset.
- Rusty Daggers: Defend a Horseman settlement from harpies.
- The Dagger's Edge: Help stop a series of terrible harpy attacks.
- The Hidden Harvest: Destroy the source of the briarheart warriors.
- Dreadhorn Harpy, a variant found in Bloodroot Forge
- Harpy Matriarch: a tougher variant
- Swarming Harpy: a much weaker variant that appears in clusters, found in Frostbreak Fortress
- Harpy Windcaller
- Captured Harpy: found in Glenumbra
- Fleshrender: one of the three boss harpies in Old Orsinium
- Foulwing: leader of the harpies at Shrieking Scar
- Orzik the Storm-Born: one of the three boss harpies in Old Orsinium
- Talonclaw: one of the three boss harpies in Old Orsinium
- There are varieties of harpies, with red ones being the most common, purple ones serving as matriarchs, and black ones appearing in Wrothgar and Northrn Elsweyr. According to Orzorga, the ones in Wrothgar are far less intelligent due to generations of inbreeding.
- Their eggs are prized by Argonians, such as Deechee-Noo. Walks-Softly considers them to be sickening and garish.
- Harpies can be seen snatching up soldiers at Frostbreak Fortress and flying off with them.