This page lists all limited-time events which have taken place in The Elder Scrolls Online. Events can be special occasions that only occur once, or can be recurring every year. Recurring events include:
- Anniversary Jubilee
- New Life Festival
- Jester's Festival
- Midyear Mayhem
- Witches Festival
- Undaunted Celebration
- DLC anniversary celebrations: held around the anniversary of the release of one or more Zone DLCs, such as the Imperial City Celebration, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration and Orsinium Celebration. These typically involve additional rewards for playing DLC content, including double drops from certain quests, bosses and resource nodes.
- New DLC celebrations: held some time after the release of a new chapter or DLC, such as Summerfall for the Summerset chapter, Dragon Rise for the Elsweyr chapter, and Dawn of the Dragonguard involving the Elsweyr chapter along with the Scalebreaker and Dragonhold DLCs. These sometimes give additional rewards for playing DLC content, often with added rewards based off the number of players participating in the event that are distributed to all participants once the event has concluded.
The Crown Store usually has special offers coinciding with these events, such as discounts on relevant DLCs and cosmetics, and can include the temporary return of limited availability items such as DLC Collector's Editions, Player Houses and Crown Crates. Sometimes the Crown Store also has additional sales corresponding to various real-world cultural events not otherwise celebrated in-game, such as Valentine's Day ("Heart's Day"), St Patrick's Day, Friday the 13th ("Fatal Fredas/Serpent 13"), a combined dye sale for Canada Day, US Independence Day & Bastille Day, and the annual Black Friday ("Black Fredas") sale.
|Current Year: 2021|
|Past Years:||2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020|
|Current Event • Future Events|
There is currently no event running.
ESO Play for Free Event
Running concurrent to the Anniversary Jubilee, there will be a Free Play Event, where anyone can download the Elder Scrolls Online base game with Morrowind chapter and play for free. To get started, visit the Official Free Play and select your platform. Also during this time, The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition and Greymoor Chapter will be discounted.
Alongside this, Crown Packs will be on sale, any new accounts made during this time period will get 500 .
These are the known events planned for 2021:
The Seven Year Anniversary event will run from April 1 to April 15, 2021. The event was initially meant to run until April 13, but was extended on all platforms due to maintenance downtime on the PlayStation servers on April 5, 2021.
Completing daily quests will gift you a Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box, which contain the same loot as last year, with some additions. Notably Imperial Champion weapon style pages will be introduced during the event.
You have the chance of earning a max of 39 Event Tickets during the Event run. Three tickets can be earned a day by using the Jubilee Cake 2021 memento the first time that day. This event, the Impresario will introduce the first two fragments for the Deadlands Firewalker personality: the Vial of Simmering Daedric Brew and Vial of Bubbling Daedric Brew along with the 2021 replica cake and bound pages for the Imperial Champion Style.
The Jester's Festival event is live from Thursday, March 25 at 2PM GMT until Thursday, April 1 at 3PM BST. This year three brand-new daily quests are added alongside the original three event quests:
- A Foe Most Porcine, acquired from any of the three Jester’s Festival tents or Hammerdeath Arena
- The King's Spoils, acquired within Hammerdeath Arena
- Prankster's Carnival, acquired from the Jester’s Festival tent in Stonefalls
Jester’s Festival Reward Box return as daily quest reward and can contain valuables, consumables, recipes, furnishings, Revelry Pies, and fragments of the new Playful Prankster's Surprise Box memento.
The first time you complete a daily quest each day, you'll receive a Stupendous Reward Box instead of the regular one. This special box can include the same items as detailed above, but it also has a chance to contain these items:
- Regal Regalia Style pages (new)
- Playful Prankster's Surprise Box memento fragments (new)
- Cadwell's Kitchen Style weapon pages
- Sovereign Sow pet fragments
- Festive Noise Maker or Jester's Festival Joke Popper memento fragments
- Jokey Stealies to sell to vendors
- Cherry Blossom Branch or Jester's Scintillator memento runeboxes
This event begins with the launch of Update 29 on the live servers. This is Monday, March 8, 2021 for PC/Mac, and Tuesday, March 16, 2021 for Xbox One and PlayStation4. It will run for two weeks, and will allow you unlimited free respecs from Rededication Shrines for the following:
- Attributes (Health/Stamina/Magicka)
- Skills (and Morphs)
- Champion Points (from the Champion Point system menu)
When you first log in after Update 29 goes live, all Skills and Champion Points will be automatically reset. Though the changes to skills in Update 29 only affect the Champion System, this event will allow you to test builds, reset/respec as many characters as you'd like for free for two weeks.
This is not a full in-game event, as there will be no event tickets distributed—just free re-specializations. That's two weeks to experiment and test your builds at no cost.
The Tribunal Celebration Event was a combination of the Clockwork Celebration Event and the Morrowind Celebration Event. It introduced the Doctrine Ordinator Style, alongside a new skin, pet, and memento. The Doctrine Ordinator Arms Pack, Dwarven Crown Crate, and Music Box, Mother Morrowind's Sacred Lullaby were also available from the Crown Store during this time.
In addition to the rewards from previous Midyear Mayhem, the new Ebonsteel Knight armor style pages have been introduced. Pages have a chance to drop from bosses in the Imperial City, but are also available from the Impresario for 5 tickets each. The corresponding weapon styles are only available from the Crown Store by purchasing the limited time Ebonsteel Knight Arms Pack during this event.
You can earn a total of 3 Event Tickets per day during this event. The first 2 come from completing any daily quest that focuses on Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds. You may earn an additional ticket by completing an Imperial City District daily quest.
Elder Scrolls Online Global Reveal Event
The Elder Scrolls Online Team revealed their plans for major updates in 2021 on their Twitch channel. This year's story arc is the Gates of Oblivion.