Carving of King Dumac and a tiny scarab, seen on a door in the Heart Chamber of Dagoth-Ur
|Race and Gender||Dwemer Male|
Dumac Dwarfking, also known as Dumac Dwarf-Orc and Dumalacath, was the last ruler of the Dwemer before their disappearance. Along with Indoril Nerevar, he united the Chimer and Dwemer clans, and together they pushed the Nords out of Morrowind by 1E 416. Resdayn flourished under the leadership of Dumac and Nerevar, and the two developed a mutual respect and friendship. Peace among the Chimer, and between the elves and the Dwemer, brought an unprecedented prosperity and flowering of both cultures. Dumac could not please everyone, however; the Rourken Clan rejected the union and left Resdayn. Dumac attended the coronation of Emperor Gorieus in 1E 461. Some sources describe him as a king, others call him a general. It is said he gave the swords Hopesfire and Trueflame to Almalexia and Nerevar as wedding presents.
The peace Dumac and Nerevar had maintained for centuries eventually shattered along with their friendship. Dumac died at the Battle of Red Mountain around 1E 700. No one is sure what happened to Dumac or his people. While it's generally thought that the Chimer and Dwemer were at odds, one legend describes Dumac as the champion of Nerevar during the battle, and says Nerevar struck down Dagoth Ur when the latter slew Dumac. Other accounts say Nerevar slew Dumac personally, some going so far as to say he feasted on his old friend's heart.
- 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 36 — Vivec
- The Tale of Dro'Zira — Sonia Vette
- Nerevar at Red Mountain — the Tribunal Temple
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Morrowind — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- The Seven Curses — Gilvas Barelo
- The Battle of Red Mountain — Vivec
- Dwemer Inquiries Vol I — Thelwe Ghelein, Scholar
- Rislav The Righteous — Sinjin
- Varieties of Faith... — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- Almalexia's dialogue in Morrowind.
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The Temple: Morrowind — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Yagrum Bagarn's dialogue in Morrowind.
- Five Songs of King Wulfharth