- The Ayleid ruins of Dwynnarth that grin down from the bluffs above Hag Fen were plundered and emptied out generations ago. But it seems there are forgotten mine tunnels beneath the lowest levels of Dwynnarth that might not be quite so empty.
|Corrupted Evoker; Corrupted Healer; Corrupted Guardian; Corrupted Infantry; Corrupted Knight|
|Cambray Hills, Glenumbra|
|Veteran Speed Run Target||20 mins|
Spindleclutch I is a group dungeon found in northern Glenumbra. The cave is infested with spiders, although something more sinister lurks within. In the normal version, Praxin Douare wants your help clearing the cave of spiders and other possible threats.
- Spindleclutch Objective: Explore the Spindleclutch caverns.
- One of the Undaunted: Join the group of adventurers called "The Undaunted".
- Pledge: Spindleclutch I: Explore Spindleclutch I and return Undaunted.
Spindleclutch Pledge: Explore Spindleclutch and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Various corrupted infantry
- Spindlekin, a giant spider
- Cerise the Widow-Maker, a Breton rogue
- Big Rabbu, a corrupted knight in heavy armor
- Swarm Mother, a spider queen responsible for the spider infestation
- The Whisperer, a Spider Daedra responsible for driving the Fighters Guild members insane
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
2 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Stamina
2 items: Adds 34-2975 Physical Resistance
1 item: Adds 1-129 Stamina Recovery
|Monster Helm Sets|
There are several Achievements associated with this dungeon:
|Spindleclutch I Vanquisher||10||Defeat the Swarm Mother and the Whisperer in Spindleclutch I.|
|Spindleclutch I Conqueror||10||Defeat Spindlekin, the Swarm Mother, Cerise the Widow-Maker, Big Rabbu, and the Whisperer in Veteran Spindleclutch I.|
|Quiet at Last||50||Defeat the Whisperer in Veteran Spindleclutch I, after invoking the Scroll of Glorious Battle.|
|Veteran Corrupted Slayer||10||Defeat 350 Corrupted in Veteran Spindleclutch I.|
|Veteran Spider Slayer||10||Defeat 600 Spiders in Veteran Spindleclutch I.|
|Spindleclutch I Survivor||50||Defeat the Swarm Mother and the Whisperer in Veteran Spindleclutch I, without suffering a group member death.|
|Spindleclutch I Assassin||50||Defeat the Swarm Mother and the Whisperer in Veteran Spindleclutch I within twenty minutes of starting the dungeon. Timer starts when players engage the first group of spiders.|
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Normal Spindleclutch was designed for levels 12-15, and Veteran Spindleclutch was designed for Veteran Ranks 1-5.
- Prior to Update 12, Spindleclutch I was only available in Normal mode, and Spindleclutch II was only available in Veteran mode. These were named Spindleclutch and Veteran Spindleclutch respectively.
- Mike Finnagan, Dungeon Lead for ESO, revealed on 23rd June 2016 that there was a standing joke relating to this dungeon among the Dungeon Team. He said, "When developing Spindleclutch, everytime we would mention the name we would make this high pitched hair metal screech of the name and play air guitar. It became this kind of running gag with the dungeon team. It got to the point that we went to Bethesda and asked if we could make shirts for our team so, everyone on the team at the time has a shirt with a stylized Spindleclutch (like an 80s Hair Metal band concert shirt) logo and the teams birthdate and places on the back made to look like tour dates".