Shimmerene is a town located on the eastern shore of Summerset. Known also as the City of Lights, the town is in turmoil, as Queen Ayrenn's decree allowing outsiders to come to the island has divided the public opinion of its citizens.
- Shimmerene Objective: Find Lanarie's missing son, Arathel. / You reunited Arathel with his mother, Lanarie.
- The Queen's Decree: Investigate the disappearances of newcomers to Summerset.
- The Dreaming Cave: Find a way to communicate with Meridia and rescue her Golden Knight from Mephala's clutches.
Shops and Services
- Anchors Aweigh Inn — An inn in Shimmerene.
- The Crystal Crop — A stable outside Shimmerene's main gate.
- Fighters Guild — A guildhall housing the local branch of the Fighters Guild in Shimmerene.
- Mages Guild — A guildhall housing the local branch of the Mages Guild in Shimmerene.
- Plaza of the Eight — A collection of guild kiosks located just outside Shimmerene's main gate, right next to the Wayshrine.
- The Ruins Bazaar — A marketplace consisting of a pack merchant located in the heart of Shimmerene.
- Shimmerene Dockworks — A crafting site on the western docks in the town of Shimmerene for crafting the Adept Rider set.
The Shimmerene Wayshrine is located just outside of the city's main entrance.
- This location previously appeared in Arena as Shimmerene.
- One of its citizens, Sondaale of Shimmerene, is the subject of a rescue quest in TES 3: Morrowind.
- The author Aicantar of Shimmerene hails from the city. A drink known as Shimmerene Tonic is also named after the city.
- Some structures of the city can be seen from Auridon.
Shimmerene's northern gatehouse as seen from the Dockworks