Online:The Runaway's Tale
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Esterdel.
- Find Niralin.
- Decide how (or if) to help her.
- Talk to Esterdel in Shimmerene to collect your reward.
You meet a worried Bosmer named Celinar south of Shimmerene, at the crossroads leading to Sil-Var-Woad. His cousin Brengas and Brengas' Altmer lover Niralin were captured by werewolves, and he begs you to find them in the nearby delve, Archon's Grove. Outside the delve you will meet Esterdel, Niralin's fiance, who tracked her here after she ran away with Brengas. He asks you to find and convince her to return to him, or bring back proof of her death.
Once you get the information from the groom-to-be, head on inside Archon's Grove to find his fiance. When you find her she will be standing next to the body of her lover. she explains that the werewolves killed Brengas and that she has been turned into a werewolf. She asks you to end her misery. At this point you have three option. You can kill her as she requests, convince her to give you her ring and leave her alive, or you can pass a persuasion check and convince her that she can control herself and to return to Shimmerene. When she explains she doesn't want to live in a loveless marriage with Esterdel, you will tell her to take control of her own fate.
If one of the first two options are taken, return to Shimmerene and give Esterdel the ring. If the last option is taken, travel to Shimmerene and tell Esterdel you convinced Niralin to return to him. Niralin will then arrive.
- Niralin: "I've returned, Esterdel. And I've … reflected on my actions."
- Esterdel: "I suppose nearly getting yourself killed will do that. I'm just glad you finally came to your senses."
- Niralin: "Yes, of course. Dearest, tell me. Our wedding day … weren't we told the moons would be full?"
- Esterdel: "Why, yes. A most auspicious sign, the priests told us."
- Niralin: "Oh, yes. Most auspicious indeed. I very much look forward to it."