|Skill: Heavy Armor|
Hit By Opponent: +1.0
The Heavy Armor skill is used to move and defend while wearing massive and rigid armors like iron, steel, silver, Dwemer, ebony, and Daedric armor. To use any style of armor effectively, the wearer must be trained, conditioned, and skilled in its use.
The following races receive bonuses to their Heavy Armor skill:
The following classes have Heavy Armor as a Major skill:
The following classes have Heavy Armor as a Minor skill:
See Heavy Armor Trainers for the complete list.
The following books will increase your Heavy Armor skill:
The following factions include Heavy Armor as one of their favored skills:
- Fighters Guild
- Hands of AlmalexiaTR (not joinable)
- House Redoran
- Imperial Knights (not joinable)
- Imperial Legion
- SkaalBM (not joinable)
- Talos Cult (not joinable)
- A full suit of Daedric can provide up to 266 Armor Rating, almost twice as much as the best Medium armor (145), and about 100 points more than the best Light armor (168). While it is one of the best non-magic protection, it suffers from several drawbacks.
- a full set of Daedric armor weighs 354lbs; only stronger characters may carry one without enchantments. It limits carrying capacity for weapons and loot. This may also significantly slow one's movement rate.
- Daedric armor is the rarest and hardest set to find. With both Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed, there is exactly one of each piece of the set to be found in the whole game, no more than two of them anywhere near each other. Without the expansions, the only way to get a full set is to do one of two things: either kill an essential character, which can ruin your Main Quest if not done properly (or destroy his armor and pickpocket it which is much harder and takes much longer); or cheat.
- Heavy Boots negatively affect your ability to sneak.[verification needed]
- The highest-rated heavy armor stats in the game can be achieved with the following armor combination:
Heavy Armor is defined by the following weight values. The links provide access to categories that list all of the available heavy armor items of each type.
There are seven styles of Heavy Armor that provide fairly complete armor sets; three other styles include a few pieces of armor.