|Items||Head, Neck, Arms, Finger|
(Click on any item for details)
|Built-In Potions, Apparel|
Alchemy description: Bows do <mag>% more damage for <dur> seconds.
Enchanting description: Bows do <mag>% more damage.
Fortify Archery (a.k.a. Fortify Marksman) increases the damage of bows and crossbows.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a potion of Fortify Marksman:
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Fortify Archery if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All varieties of Bracers/Gauntlets, Circlets, Helmets, and Rings of Archery
- Includes the enchantments of Minor Archery, of Major Archery, of Extreme Archery, of Eminent Archery, and of Peerless Archery.
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
- Ancient Shrouded Cowl
- Gauntlets of the Old Gods
- Kyne's Token
- Shrouded Cowl Maskless
- Shrouded Cowl
Linwe's Hood can technically be disenchanted, allowing you to learn a special version of Fortify Archery named Shadowsight. However, Shadowsight cannot be used to enchant any items because no enchanting slots are enabled for the effect.
- The Call to Arms spell includes a secondary Fortify Marksman effect, which directly increases the Archery skill of allies.
- Fortify Archery potions affect all types of weapons and unarmed damage. A possible potion combining Fortify Archery and Fortify One-handed therefore doubles the boost for One-handed weapons.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Having a total Fortify Archery value greater than 127 causes an arithmetic overflow to occur when calculating bow damage. The result is that bows do considerably less damage than intended, to the point they may even be made weaker. This can occur when using multiple non-exploitive (reasonable) enchantments.