|Location||The Throne Aligned, Cogitum Centralis
|Faction(s)||The Triad; Whispering Shadows|
Nocturnal is a Daedric Prince whose sphere is night and darkness. She is part of The Triad, alongside Clavicus Vile and Mephala, a group of Princes who did not sign the Coldharbour Compact and seek to start a Daedric War. Her realm of Oblivion is the Evergloam. For more information, see the lore page.
Nocturnal is encountered as the hidden main antagonist of the Clockwork City main quest, where she seeks to control the power of the city and acquire her Skeleton Key. Her minions include the Whispering Shadows cult and many shadow creatures, most notably the Shadow of Sotha Sil, who has secretly usurped the real Sotha Sil. In the Cogitum Centralis, she appears after the shadow's defeat as a large purple aura of darkness before being banished by Sotha Sil.
- The Crystal Tower: Ascend the Crystal Tower and put an end to Nocturnal's machinations.
- The Dreaming Cave: Find a way to communicate with Meridia and rescue her Golden Knight from Mephala's clutches.
- Lost in Translation: Locate the Heart of Transparent Law.
- Where Shadows Lie: Save the Clockwork God.
Where Shadows Lie
- Sotha Sil: "You trespass, Ur-dra. The Clockwork City shall bear your weight no longer."
- Nocturnal: "You achieve nothing, little godling. The Triad looms upon Summerset's shores. All that is shall be ours!"
- Divayth Fyr: "Well done, my friend. Enough theatrics, Luciana. On your feet. Luciana...?"
- Sotha Sil: "We should return to the surface. This is no place for mortals."
- According to datamining, Nocturnal was initially involved in the original Thieves Guild questline with relation to something called the "Twilight Lodge", but was cut from its story prior to release. In concept art and an early preview video of Abah's Landing, a statue of Nocturnal with two crows and the Skeleton Key beneath it was seen.
- Nocturnal is shown as a Redguard in Summerset, matching her appearance in Skyrim, and wearing Shrike's Nocturnal Frock from the Crown Store.