K'Tora's Mindscape/Psijic Relic Vaults
Hostile (inside K'Tora's Mindscape)
|Gold, Generic Jewelry/Weapon/Armor|
K'Tora is a powerful Sea Sload of the Abyssal Cabal who has created The Mind Trap and imprisoned you within it. He will send out warriors and yaghra to defeat you, and his eyes may be seen as he sends out the Yaghra Nightmare. He is later encountered throughout the Summerset main quest, and can be heard during Abyssal Geyser battles.
- The Mind Trap: Escape the mind trap created by a mysterious entity.
- A Pearl of Great Price: Help the Psijic Order crack the puzzle of the Abyssal Pearl you found.
- Buried Memories: Defend Artaeum from invasion!
- Whispers from the Deep: Help a member of the Psijic Order rescue a band of adventurers from a trap set by a dark entity.
The Mind Trap
- "There is no escape. I will you in time. Watch as I turn your own memories against you!"
- "You can't escape my mind trap! I'll destroy you with your darkest fears!"
- "Not so fast, little worm! Let's see how you fare against this nightmare!"
A Pearl of Great Price
- Nedoril: "Master, intruders in the cave!"
- K'Tora: "Heed me, my creatures! Destroy the intruders!"
- Valsirenn: "That young idiot! We need to get over there!"
- K'Tora: "Witness the power of K'Tora of the Abyssal Cabal!"
When you enter the central rotunda of the Psijic Relic Vaults to find out who is behind the attack, K'Tora will appear at the pool in the middle of the room:
- Ritemaster Iachesis: "K'Tora! I killed you! I remember our battle as clear as day!"
- K'Tora: "You remember exactly what I want you to remember."
- K'Tora: "And thanks to the Orbs of B'Raken Drel, your deepest memories will be mine!"
- K'Tora: "Back, worm! This does not concern the likes of you." (He pushed you aside)
- Valsirenn: "Out here, quickly! We need to hurry if we're going to help the Ritemaster!"
He can be overheard when going through the Psijic Relic Vaults:
- "Cease your struggles. Your memories belong to K'Tora now."
- "I am as patient and enduring as the sea, worm. Now reveal the hiding place!"
- "Your mind is my mind, Iachesis. Reveal your memories to me!"
- "You can't resist forever. The Heart of Transparent Law will be mine!"
When you return with the Ul'vor Staff and enter K'Tora's Mindscape:
- Valsirenn: "Touch the Ul'vor Staff and enter the mindscape!"
- K'Tora: "You dare enter my domain, worm?"
- K'Tora: "A bargain is a bargain. The island for the Heart of Transparent Law."
- Clavicus Vile: "Yes, yes, just as we agreed. But only a portion of the crystal. We don't want to alert the Sapiarchs too soon."
- K'Tora: "Tell your fellow Princes all will be well. The Ritemaster is no match for my mind magic."
- Clavicus Vile: "So Nocturnal has assured me. Don't disappoint us, K'Tora."
Viewing the second memory, you will see K'Tora and a defeated Iachesis, whom K'Tora will use the Orbs of B'Raken Drel at the end of the vision:
- K'Tora: "I lured you here for one purpose, worm."
- Ritemaster Iachesis: "Your Abyssal Cabal may … defeat me … but you'll never stand against … the entire Psijic Order."
- K'Tora: "Once again you fail to grasp the obvious. When the time is right, you will do exactly as I command. Until then, forget …."
- Ritemaster Iachesis: "No, no … arrgh!"
- Valsirenn: "The Ritemaster's waking up. You need to press on!"
When you defeat Dissonance, the rest of the memory will play:
- K'Tora: "Repeat my words, worm. Tell me what you must do."
- Ritemaster Iachesis: "Yes, yes. Hide it away until I call for you to give it to me. Not even the Princes must know where it is."
- K'Tora: "I will … enter the Crystal Tower. I will … take the Heart of Transparent Law."
- Ritemaster Iachesis: "Hide … the Heart …."
After viewing the memory, he will say "My memory shields! You destroyed them!" as you progress. His consciousness is found at the top, where he lets go of Iachesis to fight you.
During combat, he can say:
- "Feel the crushing weight of your own insignificance!"
- "You fight well, but in this mindscape I reign supreme!"
Whispers from the Deep
Gather the spell particles in Cainar's mind trap and you'll hear the sload say:
- K'Tora: "The mage is caught in my mind trap, worm! Nothing you do will change that."
Before his death on Artaeum, K'Tora speaks at Abyssal Geysers before and after the final wave.
- Generic Pre-Boss Dialogue
- "Summerset is mine, land-crawlers!"
- "K'Tora sees the fear inside you."
- "You resist? How annoying!"
- "The sea abides, and so do the Sload of Ul'vor-Kus!"
- Destroying the Abyssal Pearl
- "I weary of your misguided defiance."
- "I'd be impressed, but this battle holds no significance."
- "Land-crawling scum!"
- "You may have ended this geyser, but more are set to burst!"
- "You stopped this geyser, but what about the others that are set to burst?"
Summoning a named boss:
|Vsskalvor||"K'Tora summons Vsskalvor to protect this geyser!"||Snake Charmer|
|Eejoba the Radiant||"Feel the power of Eejoba the Radiant!"||Radiant Riot|
|Ruella Many-Claws||"I summon Ruella Many-Claws from the deep spawning pools!"||Declawed|
|Girawell the Erratic||"Girawell, K'Tora orders you into the fray!"||Calm and Calculated|
|Reefhammer||"Allow me to introduce Reefhammer, the bane of Ul'vor-Kus!"||Hammer Meet Nail|
|Muustikar Wave-Eater||"Muustikar, K'Tora has need of you, Wave-Eater!"||Wave Breaker|
|Darkstorm the Alluring||"Darkstorm the Alluring, drown these worms!"||Deadly Allure|
|Tidewrack||"Tidewrack will break you in half!"||Tidal Grave|
|Sheefar of the Depths||"Sheefar, bane of sailors, K'Tora calls you forth!"||To the Depths|
|Churug of the Abyss||"I summon Churug of the Abyss to blind you with her light!"||Churug's Chagrin|
Skills and Abilities
- Mental Manipulation
Causes pearls (Alchemical Globules) to explode if it strikes a player target. Pearls moved by Mental Manipulation move more quickly or more slowly according to how far the pearl is from where it is going.
- Mind Blast
A beam of energy channeled at his antennas that shoots at a player.